- Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst performs analysis and design of financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and trend reports including, but not limited to, the following:
- Support, analyze, and assist with the preparation and review of CBU’s annual budget process:
- Provide support related to reporting, data management, and monitoring of financial software used throughout the budgeting process. Providing customer service & technical support for managing the collection and processing of budget data.
- Assist departments with detailed support and analysis of departmental budgets; coordinating work with departmental leaders to certify consistency and accuracy in budget data.
- Prepares reports throughout the process, such as ad hoc analysis, for all levels of and across all mission of the organization related to budget data and status.
- Performs review and validation of final annual budget data.
- Assist Advancement and department heads with detailed grant budgets and reporting support.
- Perform monthly, annual, & ad hoc financial reporting and analysis:
- Monitor, review, and investigate differences in expenditures against budget and act as a liaison between departments and the Finance team.
- Provide support for data extraction, analysis and interpretation of information.
- Analyze historical accounting data and other information to make projections that will aid management in short- and long-range financial planning.
- Coordinate actions necessary to correct account balances and maintain proper accounting controls and procedures.
- Assists in year-end audits and in ensuring the accuracy of accounting data.
- Analyze financial statements, prepare, and analyze financial reports to represent current and projected financial status.
- Projects future trends and prepares long-range operational forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in finance or accounting.
- At least two years’ recent experience in financial and budget analysis.
- Ability to identify, collect, and analyze information from multiple sources.
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously to achieve successful results without constant supervision.
- Skills to communicate with tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships with all different levels within the organization.
- In depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools and other data visualization tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management, and financial reports.
- The ideal candidate will be an expert in Excel, with strong analytical skills and experience working with Banner and Argos.
- Experience in a university setting is a plus.
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.