Provides support for management information systems for organization. Oversees and coordinates development and design, maintenance and utilization of the Clinic information systems, interface with computer vendors, problem solving as needed, employee computer training and special projects as assigned.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Interacts with senior management to plan long range goals, policies and budget related to data processing. Establishes priorities for system modifications and ensures such requests are consistent with organizational goals
- Works in conjunction with Purchasing Department to retain an on-going relationship with computer vendors and is the contact person in the Clinic for all technical communication with such vendors. Evaluates and recommends hardware and software acquisitions
- Determines staff, space, equipment, supply requirements, prepares/recommends department budget and ensures that department operates within allocated funds
- Responsible for management of staff to include policy compliance, employee relations, and performance/development.
- Communicates with staff to ensure the dissemination of policies, procedures and other pertinent information
- Works with CFO to negotiate contracts for equipment maintenance and acquisition and software purchases. Ensures that department facilities and equipment remain in a safe condition
- Responsible for overseeing the installation and support of all hardware, software and communication systems
- Customizes the system or develops the request for such customization through the computer vendors to meet user needs. Coordinates information concerning all software changes, updates, new procedures and other pertinent information to the user community
- Responsible for interfacing software criteria for interactions between departments. Is responsible for investigating/solving software and hardware inquiries from the user community
- Maintains inventories of hardware, software, forms, etc. Ensures that sufficient documentation is available and maintained for all staff to ensure optimal utilization of system features
- Processes computer user requests in a timely and courteous manner. Works with other managers to meet their data processing goals
- Writes and monitors select reports
- Creates and evaluates computer generated reports to determine needed program changes as requested by the Management Team and Physicians
- Ensures that requested management reports are generated and distributed on a regular and timely basis. Remains available for interpretation of reports as needed
- Responsible for data communications and telecommunications hardware and software selection, operation and maintenance
- Develops and maintains appropriate department records, reports and files
- Keeps current on developments in the medical management software industry, making recommendations to the Chief Financial Officer as deemed appropriate
- Establishes/maintains security registration and access for all Clinic computer systems. Reviews security program with CFO on a periodic basis. Documents procedures and guarantees back-up schedules for data. Maintains log of software application problems and status
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner with others
- Performs other duties as assigned
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent field
Experience: 5 years’ of related work experience required; previous management experience preferred