Identifies prospective individual, foundation and corporate leads utilizing prospect management best practices and databases in support of Gift Planning’s strategic objectives as well as ALSAC’s enterprise-wide fundraising goals. Demonstrates analytical reasoning and critical thinking to create and implement internal prospecting strategies and to evaluate and assess overlay and enrichment data resources, the Donor Management System (DMS), WealthPoint tools and other prospect management research tools. Uses multiple proprietary online resources to generate information needed for successful portfolio management. Able to understand the long-term impact of decisions to ensure proper identification of potential and current donors to approach and steward. Stewards and protects the ALSAC brand through the discovery of sensitive/controversial information. Compiles with the American Prospect Research Association’s (APRA) statement of ethics.
- Requires knowledge and expertise in internet research.
- Experience with database programs required along with a strong understanding complex data processing applications.
- Must be able to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner.
- Must understand complex verbal and written instructions; must display expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to understand the long-term impact of decisions and has critical thinking and writing skills related to conceptualize and develop prospecting methodologies to support organization’s goals; identify prospects through constituent list segmentation, electronic database screening; understanding wealth indicators, including income (estimated or public), assets such as property and inside stockholder data, luxury items, valuable collections, philanthropic activity and private foundations.
- Knowledge ordinarily acquired through a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related work experience.