Agape has an open Marketing & Communications Director position. We seek a visionary marketing and communication professional who serves in a key leadership role for Agape.
Will plan, develop and execute, in partnership with the Board and Leadership Team, a short- and long-term marketing and communication vision and strategic plan, internally and externally, that aligns with and supports Agape’s mission and poverty-fighting work. Will be informed by Agape families voice and choice, as well as partner and stakeholder input and strategies, having a collective impact communication focus.
Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff, and relevant consultants; and coordinates at strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of Agape and its collaborating partners, including the Agape development leaders and team.
Oversees development and implementation of public relations, collateral and support materials for
Agape’s services and all other community events, including fundraisers. Such efforts include, but not limited to:
- Branding and positioning advancement
- Print materials (brochures, newsletter, etc.)
- Advertising (television, radio, online, other)
- Website, Social Media, and video production, and E-Communication Events (fundraisers, trade shows, presentations, other)
- Media and Public relations efforts
- Vendor management (agency, printers, design firms, etc.)
4. Point in conducting relevant market research. Monitoring trends. Responsible to use evidence-based/informed practices, where available, and measure the success of all communications work and minimally report on quarterly and annually.
5. Will participate as a member of the Leadership Team and participate consistently in meetings and communications to apprise the Agape team of progress and next steps as it relates to communication/marketing matters.
6. Along with the CEO, act as an organizational representative with media.
7. Lead and manage the Marketing and Communications team, including volunteers.
8. Work in cooperation with other agency leaders and coordinators to determine marketing and communication needs and strategies, in addition to leading in the development of plans to address indicated needs.
9. Ensure articulation of Agape’s branding, desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the agency, and assure communication of image and position to all stakeholders, both internal and external. Uphold protocol to ensure a uniform font, logos, pictures, etc.
10. Develop and maintain budget for marketing and communication, including but not limited to, the development and obtaining of effective marketing and communication strategies.
11. Marketing & Communications Director will serve as the agency staff liaison to the Agape Marketing and Communications Committee for the Board of Directors and will regularly attend and report out in appropriate meetings as requested, such as Board meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing-related subject with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in marketing/communications with non-profit experience preferred. Combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communications activities. Some supervisory experience preferred. Proficiency in word processing, data base management and page layout including experience with Adobe Creative Suites and MS Office product and other general-purpose tools (Acrobat, FTP, multiple Internet browsers, etc.). Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people, excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and social skills. Must have a valid driver’s license. Will be required to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends as needed. Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.