Agape is seeking a Grants Coordinator to work in partnership with the Director of Development. This position is responsible for developing and writing all of Agape’s grants as well as managing all reports and notes for foundation and government funders. Will help forge new relationships with local, regional, and national foundations to build Agape’s financial resources. Will also participate in the development, design, and implementation of a comprehensive plan that supports Agape’s annual philanthropic goal of $1.8M.
- Write funding proposals and prepares follow-up reports consistent with agreed upon strategies and funder requirements.
- Effectively and persuasively articulate Agape’s case for support with working knowledge of proofing and editing conventions.
- Conduct research on foundation, corporate, and government funding prospects consistent with Agapes priorities.
- Maintain a prioritized timeline for cultivation of corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Convene meetings with key members of the senior leadership team and PQI team to develop proposal content, compile budget information, and create and submit quarterly and annual funder reports. To include proper sign-off prior to submission for all proposals and grant reports and related financial representations.
- Lead administrator for grants management software – GrantHub – a system to track prospect engagement, proposal submission, grants received, and deadlines for proposal and report submissions. In addition, maintain accurate relevant donor files in Raisers Edge records, including tracking funder interactions
- Assist the Director of Development in creating monthly, quarterly, and annual grant reports.
- Assist the Director of Development with maintaining and developing grantor/grantee relationships.
- Assist in coordinating all funder site visits
- Continually improve professional knowledge and skills by attending grant professionals meetings, workshops, and conferences, as approved or planned by the agency.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, bi-weekly development meetings, and in-service trainings provided by the agency.
- Participate in agency planning and development.
- Will perform all other duties, within the general scope of this position, as requested by the Director of Development or Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills or abilities for this position and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Professional and resourceful style, with the ability to work both independently and as a team player. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to: write, coordinate, and manage grants; generate reports; and handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Preferred knowledge and work in grants management software – GrantHub.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional demeanor. High energy and passion for the Agape mission, vision and values.
- Should possess outstanding organizational and management skills, as well as demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Detailed and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.