Agape has a current opening for a Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO will be responsible for overseeing the information technology (IT) needs and data integrity matters of the organization. The CIO is responsible for setting the objectives, strategic vision and direction for the Agency related to the use of data, technology, and software/hardware. They will lead and coach a staff and will also lead and coach others in the organization in maximizing efficiency via the use of technology-based systems and processes.
The CIO is charged with developing and implementing technology-oriented best practices across the organization and positioning Agape as a leader in social services-related technology innovation.
- Drive our data-informed culture.
- Demonstrate the value and impact of Agape service deliverables through data collection, analysis and integrity.
- Survey, document and analyze the network data ecosystem; facilitate the development and ongoing use of data sharing rules and business requirements.
- Provide technological guidance within the organization.
- Ensure systems and procedures lead to outcomes that are aligned with organizational goals.
- Manage IT and Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) staff. Point of contact for IT and PQI contractors and vendors.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions. (Information risk management)
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers.
- Establish IT policies and strategies.
- Direct and organize IT-related projects.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the organization can gain competitive advantage.
- Actively seek and pursue funding related to data, technology, and information enhancements for the Agency.
- Will perform all other duties, within the general scope of this position, as requested by the Chief Executive Officer/ President.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information technology or related field and a minimum of 10-15 years of work-related experience as a CIO or Director of IT, preferably in a comparable organization with a budget of at least $10M. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in a senior role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in development and implementation of IT, information management and business process management strategies; Significant experience in and knowledge of all facets of IT, including systems applications, database administration, networks, computer hardware and software, etc. Experience hiring, developing, and coaching teams. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills. Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills. Will be required to work a flexible schedule, to include evenings and weekends as needed. Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s accreditation (COA) and Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.