Agape currently has an opening for an Accountant. The Accountant will report to the Accounting Coordinator.
- Support the Accounting Coordinator in fund accounting processes.
- Manages and prepares grant reimbursement invoices with required supporting documentation
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for all employees using the Paycom system and post payroll journal entry.
- Assist with maintaining general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Develop and/or prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis as needed.
- Assist auditors with year-end audits as needed.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service training, workshops, conferences, as approve or planned by Agency to improve/enhance skills related to the position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which would allow for the needed interaction and involvement for the tasks of this position. i.e., evening hours and weekends.
- Maintain all necessary, required, and generally accepted records on a timely basis
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
Will perform all other duties, within the general scope of this position, as requested by the Accounting Coordinator, the Chief Financial Officer, or other members of Agape Leadership.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
Some walking and standing.
Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at a time.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and one or more years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or other relevant experience in an office environment. Experience in a non-profit organization preferred. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and other financial software applications essential to this position. Experience using Blackbaud and an HRIS system is a plus. Experience processing grant reimbursement invoices preferred. Should possess outstanding organizational skills and have proven ability as a problem solver and self-starter. Candidate must have an automobile available for business use and maintain a current driver’s license and current auto insurance with acceptable coverage levels. Will be required to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as needed. The candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.