Under administrative direction of the Director of Health Services, plan, develop, organize and direct a comprehensive finance and administration program. Operational functions include grant and general fund budgets, programmatic and administrative compliance and providing leadership, guidance, and operational oversight to five (5) sections: Accounting, Claims/Billing, Inmate Health Services / Forensic Services, Legal/Contracts & Resolutions and Vital Records.
Pay Grade: $6,705.42 Monthly – Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
1. Seven (7) years of experience in a managerial capacity in accounting, finance, or closely related field, which includes the responsibility of project management; and
2. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, public or business administration, management, or closely related field; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. Master’s Degree in accounting, public or business administration, management or directly related field strongly preferred.
5. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and/or directing work; appraising performance; discipline; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
2. Coordinates preparation of the division budget interacting with Director, Administrators and department heads. Ensures financial analysis of the budget and its compliance, including projection of compliance and making recommendations to resolve any discrepancies.
3. Monitors grants accounting and collection of grants revenues, maintains detail cash flow analysis and projections and directs all aspects of “Single Audit” of grants.
4. Prepares monthly financial statements and all data needed for comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
5. Prepares and reviews monthly reports for all funds and departments.
6. Researches and advises Health Services Division and department staff on financial matters.
7. Oversees development and preparation of contracts and resolutions related to program services and operations within Division of Health Services.
8. Monitors compliance of all grants and programs with relevant legislation and regulations.
9. Researches, identifies and assists departments in applying for and administering, coordinating and monitoring federal, state, local and private grants in accordance with applicable standards, regulations and guidelines.
10. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge and experience in utilizing modern management techniques and the ability to apply them.
2. Ability to lead change management activities, processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
3. Knowledge of the principles and practices of organization management and public administration.
4. Ability to develop masterwork plans and objectives, identify problems, and make changes as required.
5. Ability to prepare budgets, financial reports and cost analyses.
6. Ability to analyze data, program and compile reports for executive review.
7. Ability to manage personnel in order to meet project deadlines.
8. Ability to effectively engage executives, Elected Officials and other departments within Shelby County Government.
9. Ability to manage operations and assigned personnel effectively and in a cost efficient manner.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.