Featured image: Pizza Rev
In a city as vast and changing as Memphis, it can be hard to stay up on all of the awesome things happening around The Bluff City. To help keep you updated, here’s a list of what’s happening in the news:
- Memphis will welcome a new build-your-own-pizza place in early December. Pizza Rev has announced plans to open three locations in Memphis, with the first scheduled to open at 6450 Poplar Ave., Suite 119 near International Paper. Customers are able to fully personalize their 11-inch pizzas with various types of dough, sauce, and toppings. On the grand opening day, Pizza Rev will offer “pay what you want” pizzas with all proceeds benefiting Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital. Connect with them on Facebook for more details as the opening gets closer.
- Sushi Jimmi, Memphis’ very own sushi food truck, is set to open a brick and mortar location at 2895 Poplar Ave. According to Twitter, the restaurant is set to open on December 2, and it will feature the same great creations that foodies currently love from the food truck plus even more tasty dishes. And if you just can’t get enough Sushi Jimmi, catch him on an episode of Food Network’s Chopped airing soon.
- The Commercial Appeal has confirmed that Huey’s has announced plans to open a new Millington location in April 2017. The local chain’s ninth restaurant will be at 8570 U.S. 51 N. in the new Shops of Millington Farms. Be on the lookout for more details as they start building in December!
- Imagine Vegan Cafe has found a new home at 2158 Young Avenue. According to their Facebook page, the restaurant will (hopefully!) reopen next week. As they transition into their new space, the vegan hotspot has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for a vegan soft serve machine to add to their wide array of vegan offerings.
- Paradox Catering & Consulting and Chef Jimmy Gentry have launched a new venture called Paradox Underground Experience. The new dining experience is meant to be a “culinary speakeasy” with secret locations, perfect wine and dinner pairings, and an air of mystery. For those lucky enough to secure a ticket, the information is only revealed 48 hours before the scheduled dinner. Go here to learn more about membership.
- A new, local coffee bar called Crave Coffee Bar and Bistro is under construction in Arlington. The Memphis Business Journal reports that the business will open at 11615 Highway 70, 38002 (the old Yogurt Mountain space). The tentative opening date is set for December 1 with a menu packed full of coffee, teas, fresh made pastries, and more.
- Le Jardin Gourmet to Go is coming to Chickasaw Crossing at 2877 Poplar Avenue. The gourmet meal pick up is scheduled to open on December 1. Head Chef Karen Roth has created a menu that will include items such as crab cakes, braised beef shorts ribs and many other dishes that will be packaged and ready to cook or throw in the freezer.
- Germantown’s beloved Miss Muff’n Bakery is hosting an open house on November 12 to celebrate 29 years in business. Guests will be able to sample many of the bakery’s delicious treats, see a holiday catalog, and talk to employees about placing a holiday order in advance. The sweet shop will have Thanksgiving and Yule Logs, pies, cheesecake, their special Pear of Cheese, cookies, cakes, and more.
What are you most excited about with these updates? Let us know in the comments!