In 2011, Memphis Fashion Week (MFW) was created by former talent agent Abby Phillips to celebrate local fashion and artistry through a 5-day orchestration with parties and exhibitions. In addition to supporting existing designers, MFW also donates all proceeds to the Memphis Fashion Fund.
The Memphis Fashion Fund was established to support local designers and artists in the fashion industry through fashion design classes at Memphis College of Art and through the Emerging Designer Project, a program to assist selected up-and-coming designers with funds, mentoring and an opportunity to showcase pieces in MFW. So far, MFW has contributed over $30,000 to the Memphis Fashion Fund, and in their fifth (and biggest) year, MFW is looking forward to supporting with an even greater commitment.
Details about MFW:
- When: April 4-9 (check out a detailed schedule of events here.)
- April 4, 5:30pm – 7pm: Kick Off Party at Chickasaw Oaks Village
- April 6, 5:30pm – 7pm: VIP Preview Party at Lafayette’s Music Room
- April 7, 5:30pm – 8pm: Memphis Fashion Fund Party at Saddle Creek
- April 8, 8pm: Featured Designer Shows at Cadre Building
- April 9, 8pm: Emerging Designer Shows at Memphis College of Art
- Where: Cadre Building, Memphis College of Art
- Emerging Designers: Denise Beckett, Zoe Vu, Tiena Gwin, Meggy Muller, Mary Ambrose, Christina Dang, Casey Beck, Avianne Robinson, Andrea Fenise, Lindsey Widdick, Lindsay Chastain, Shakia Couch, Terial Lee, Kathryn Heard, Rachel Echnoz, Meredith Clinger, and Dara Branson
- Returning Emerging Designers: Abbey Glass, JBrand, Hayley Paige, Brave Design, Tara Skelley, and more