Have you ever experienced an escape room? Escape rooms are a type of physical adventure game where people are willingly locked in a room with other participants and have to use elements of the room to solve a series of puzzles, find clues, and escape the room within a set time limit. We are excited to announce that Memphis Escape Rooms is now open at 1010 June Rd, Suite 100, with two escape rooms to start.
This new entertainment venue is spearheaded by Keith Edwards, Stephen Lynch, Mallory Lynch, Haley Hoover, and Ryan Hoover, otherwise known as Puzzol Creative LLC. We asked Keith why Memphis and why now:
“We chose Memphis because we live here and love Memphis. We are excited to see what the future has in store for our city. We had a blast doing this in New York and we think the demographic in Memphis will really love this.”
Things to know:
- All ages are welcome and invited to play, but children ages 14 and under must be accompanied an adult.
- This is not a haunted house. No one is going to jump out and frighten you.
- The room administrator will wait as long as possible for all participants to arrive, but, to remain punctual for following groups, eventually the clock will have to begin for those that are present. Late arriving team members may join when they arrive.
- Groups should arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Tickets cost $20 each.
- There is a maximum of 7 players per room. You can book a single ticket if you want, but we suggest a minimum group size of 5 players to maximize the level of fun and increase your chances of escaping the room.
- Purchasing all 7 tickets for an available appointment is the only way to ensure your group will have the room to itself.
Hours are Mon – Thurs, 3pm-10pm, Fri 3pm-midnight, Sat 10am-midnight with the last room starting at 10 and midnight respectively.
Choose901 had the chance to escape the Mayflower room, and it was a blast. We had a group of 7 which made it easier to solve the clues. We highly suggest going with at least a group of 5 or 6 people to ensure success. Since the rooms have a 20-30% success rate, don’t get discouraged if you don’t escape, try again! This was a great team building experience for our staff and we highly recommend it for corporate events.