Starting in April and running through October, the Memphis Botanic Garden will be extending their hours on Thursday nights to host a new series of events that include tasty food, cocktails, music, guided tours, and more.
Members will have free access and guests can pay the daily rate ($10) for these events. With each passing Thursday, you’ll have an opportunity to maximize your experience at the Garden and socialize with fellow Memphians.
- Botanical Bars
- Enjoy four evenings of botanically inspired adult beverages, food, music and more
- Dates: 5/31, 6/28, 9/27 and 10/25 at 6pm
- Cocktails and Canvases
- On the second Thursday of each month they will offer Plein Air (outdoor) painting classes using one of their 31 spectacular gardens as a background. Bring your own beverage and painting supplies.
- Dates: 5/10, 6/14, 7/12, 8/9, 9/13 and 10/11 at 6pm
- Taste of the Garden
- Join Blair Combest as he prepares a tasting of special treats using ingredients found in the gardens.
- Dates: 5/24 and 7/26 at 6pm, free with admission
- It’s a Plant Party
- Charity Siebert of their Education Department will lead a small group in creating your own indoor terrarium which you can take home.
- Date: 8/23 at 6pm
- Nature at Night
- Join an MBG staff member on an evening guided tour of the gardens.
- Dates: 4/19, 6/21, 8/16 and 10/18 at 6pm
- Trails and Tails
- For two special nights, they welcome you and your four legged friend (on a leash) for a walk along the trails and pathways.
- Dates: 4/26 and 8/30 at 6pm, free with admission
- Walk after Work
- The night is yours to explore all 96 acres as you wish!
- Dates: 5/17, 7/19 and 9/20 at 6pm, free with admission
- Zen and Zinfandel
- The first Thursday of each month features a Yoga session led by a local Yogi in one of their gardens – always with a glass of wine nearby. It’s a great way to get ready for Friday!
- Dates: 5/3, 6/7, 7/5, 8/2, 9/6 and 10/4 at 6pm, bring your own yoga mat