There’s nothing better than having an excuse to escape reality and get lost in a good read. Sometimes the perfect day consists of hot chocolate, a fireside chair, and a good book.
Memphis has a variety of bookstores in and out of the city limits, and each one offers a different experience. Check them out:
- Novel – New and local books
- Two Rivers Bookstore – Dedicated to new and used Sci-Fi/Fantasy books
- Burke’s Bookstore – New and local books, Rare and collectible books, coloring books
- Book Traders – Rare and collectible books
- Book Juggler – New books
- Comics & Collectibles – Comics and graphic novels
- Xanadu Music & Books – Used books
- Book Stop Plus – New books
- Friends Bookstore – Used books
- Second Editions Bookstore – Used books
- 901 Comics – Comics and graphic novels
- The African Place – African imports retailer with conscious books
And if you are familiar with the Little Free Libraries (a public box full of books where anyone may stop by and pick up a book or two bring back another book to share), you can see a map of their Memphis locations here. In addition to these options, the Memphis Public Libraries are a free resource with multiple locations. You can also spend the day searching for books at local thrift stores.