On Saturday, April 16th The Maria Montessori School will be hosting its 13th Annual Regatta and Duck Race.
The race will be located at the school’s campus at 840 Harbor Bend Road and will take place between 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. This family friendly event will be free to the public with an option to compete in a canoe and kayak race for $25, which will take place in the Wolf River Harbor behind the campus.
Beginning at 11 a.m., kayak and canoe racers from across the Mid-South will have the opportunity to engage in a friendly competition while racing the one or two-mile courses in the harbor. Experts and novices alike can compete for championship T-shirts and one-of-a-kind trophies created by the students of the Maria Montessori School.
- 9:30 Canoe and Kayak Race registration begins
- 10:00 Kids’ Fun Run (meet in amphitheater behind school)
- 10:30 Canoe and Kayak Race contestants meeting
- 11:00 Canoe and Kayak Race, Children’s games open, food, kayaking in the pond, boat tours in the harbor, etc.
- 11:45 Trophy Ceremony
- 1:00 Let the Wacky Boat Building Begin
- 2:00 Wacky Boat Races and Duck Race
- 3:15 – 5:00 Music from local bands
After the race, the festival will continue with children’s games, art, grilled food, boat rides in the harbor and kayak rides in the pond.
There will be a Wacky Boat Contest, where children and their families will build a ‘Wacky Boat’ out of cardboard and duct tape. Teams will choose a member to suit up and race the boat in the pond.
Along with the Wacky Boat competition, there will be a rubber duck race. Participants can sponsor a rubber duck for $5, or five for $20. The race will be held in the pond near the school with a $100 prize going to the family who sponsored the winning duck.
You can find out more information or byy your rubber duck ahead of time by clicking here.