Memphis will be the first city in Tennessee to host Dîner en Blanc, a pop-up dancing and dining event with a secret location, on August 4th, 2018.
Dîner en Blanc is a mass “chic picnic” in a public space that is kept secret until minutes before the event. Established 30 years ago in Paris, the event now spans six continents. Memphis’ first secretive event will take place on Saturday, August 4, 2018. The location will be announced to attendees closer to the event date.
There are several ways to participate in Dîner en Blanc: know the host or leader of the event (Phase 1), knowing someone from Phase 1 and asking them to invite you for Phase 2, signing up on the waiting list and registering for Phase 3, or volunteering to be a table leader.
Things to know:
- The prestigious event has strict rules you must follow at the event in order to maintain its unique design. For example, guests are required to wear head-to-toe white and bring specific items to the event, such as a table, glassware, trash bags, etc.
- Once the event date is announced, it will not change. Regardless of the weather, the event will continue.
- Each ticket includes one guest. Said guest must be registered as well.
- On the day of the event, guests will arrive at a set departure point and travel to the secret location.
- The event will include dinner, sparklers and dancing.
Overall, this event is meant to be bring friends together for a magical evening. Unlike other events, the spontaneity gives Dîner en Blanc its mysterious, enchanting charm.