Whether you’re taken or single as a pringle this month of Valentine, there are plenty of events around Memphis that can help you feel the love.
- Wednesday, February 14 – Give Love, Give Life Valentine’s Day Blood Drive – 11am to 3pm
This Valentine’s Day we partnered with our local Lifeblood for a blood drive February 14, 11 AM – 3 PM. The bloodmobile will be in the parking area between Bed Bath & Beyond & Dillard’s. Bring your ID and be ready to Give Love, Give Life. Donors will receive a free t-shirt from Lifeblood and a free Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer card from Bonefish Grill, while supplies last. The need for donors is high right now. Please spread the word and donate this Valentine’s Day!
- Wednesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day Wine Tasting – 4pm to 6pm
Drop by Kirby Wines & Liquors on Valentine’s Day with your someone special or your best group of friends for a free, informal wine tasting. You’ll be tasting Banfi Wines Rosa Regale sparkling red wine, Dow’s Ruby Port, and Dow’s Late-Bottled Vintage Port. Additionally, you’ll save 10% on these wines during tasting time.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day for the Kids – 5 pm to 8 pm
Head to the Trolley Stop Market and celebrate Valentine’s Day with the whole family! They’ll have heart shaped pizzas, kids crafts, cupcake and cookie decorating, door prizes every 30 minutes, and will be showing a family friendly movie that night.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day at Ghost River Brewing – 4pm to 9pm
Valentine’s Day falls on Ash Wednesday, so Ghost River will have Fish from heaven on site to provide you with some delicious catfish, salmon, smoked sausage, and more. Wednesdays are also Flight Night from 4-7pm. Bring your sweetie in for a taste. You can get a flight of four for the price of three. Don’t miss the Grizzlies Pregame Party from 5-6:30! Lucky winners can win tickets to that night’s Memphis Grizzlies game vs OKC Thunder. Best date gift ever! There will be other items raffled off throughout the party: signed basketballs, swag bags, and more. $1 off 20oz pints of Grindhouse Cream Ale pints during the pregame party AND during the game. Geeks Who Drink Trivia happens every Wednesday, so come on down! Team up with your sweetie and take on the world. It’s at 7pm, and it’s free to play. There are prizes to win throughout.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day Dinner @ Celtic Crossing – 5 pm to 10 pm
Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Celtic Crossing with a special three course dinner, including a gift of Irish Butler’s Heart Chocolates.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day River Cruise – 6:30 pm
Enjoy a little romance with your favorite Valentine aboard the Memphis Riverboats! Cruise includes 2 hours on the Mighty Mississippi, music from our House Jazz Band and a wonderful buffet consisting of beef brisket, green beans, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, and dessert.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Single’s Mingle @ Two Rivers – 6 pm to 8 pm
If you’re blue because of being single on Valentine’s Day, don’t fret! Two Rivers bookstore is hosting a singles event filled with refreshments, games, trivia, and plenty of singles with which to mingle.
- Wednesday, February 14th – LGBTQ Speed Dating – 6 pm to 8 pm
A singles speed dating event that is open to all letters of the identity spectrum! The event will be held at First Congregational Church.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Irish it wasn’t Valentine’s Day – Singles Mixer at the Brass Door – 6pm to 9pm
This singles mixer will feature games, great food, and of course, your first true love….Guinness.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Love Jones – 7 pm to 9 pm
Join Indie Memphis for special Valentine’s Day screening of the cult romantic drama following it’s 20 year anniversary and also enjoy a musical performance by Talibah Safiya.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Singer-Songwriter Night @ Loflin Yard – 8 pm to 10 pm
Enjoy a candle-lit acoustic performance in the Coach House, featuring Susan Marshall, Rebecca Almond, Jana Misener, and Misti Rae Holton. Guests will can enjoy happy hour-priced Smoke House specialties, half-off bottles of wine, and discounted beer and cocktails.
- Wednesday, February 14 – Kouple’s Karaoke – 7pm to 10pm
Sing the night away with your loved one. Enjoy food, prizes, and more.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day @ Cat’s Ballroom – 6 pm to 7 pm
Enjoy complimentary wine and chocolates while you learn some moves to use later when you’re out on the town. Only $25 per couple, but space is limited so sign up today.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Memphis Grizzlies vs. OKC Thunder – 7 pm
Looking to shake up your Valentine’s Day tradition? Head to one of the Grizzlies marquee match-ups versus the OKC Thunder. In this rivalry, the teams usually exude the complete opposite of love so be sure to head to the Forum to catch the action.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Red Carpet Experience at The Pink Palace – 7 pm to 12 am
Couples and singles are invited to an all-black attire soiree’ Valentine’s evening for a night filled with comedy, music, a great dinner, and unlimited cocktails in an adult atmosphere. Tickets are available now.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Black Love Live – 7 pm to 10 pm
Celebrate the day of love with a concert featuring games, prizes, and live entertainment from Carla Barnes, Bird Williams, Lil Rounds, and Courtney Little.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day Brewery Night – 7 pm to 12 am
Flying Saucer Cordova will have delicious chocolate covered strawberry flights paired with beer!
- Wednesday, February 14th – Railgarten Karaoke – 7 pm to 10 pm
Shake it up a little this year and spend some quality time with your loved one, or if you’re single, with your could-be-loved-one. Cupid’s arrows will be reigning down in the form of live-band karaoke!
- Wednesday, February 14th – Romantic Comedy Trivia – 7 pm to 9 pm
You can’t have Valentines day without some classic romantic comedies! So celebrate the day of love by testing your knowledge and playing Romantic Comedy Movie Trivia at one of these three locations in the Memphis area on Valentine’s Day (you must RSVP in order to participate):
- Wednesday, February 14th – Big Gigantic – 7 pm
Daisyland Presents Big Gigantic on the Got The Love Tour with support from Shallou. If you’re searching for a concert this Valentine’s Day, look no further.
- Wednesday, February 14th – St Valentines Day Massacre – 7:30pm to 10pm
Songs and stories about sex, luv, relationships and romance. Music by ceylon mooney of Pezz, heartbreakin mark akin of The Subteens, alicja trout of River City tanlines and all the other bands you luv. Spoken word by KC Shornima, Katrina Coleman, Kyle Kordsmeier, Joshua McLane and more.
- Wednesday, February 14th – Date Night at the Luxx – 6 pm to 11 pm
Get away from the traditional restaurant and enjoy a unique valentines dinning experience. Event photos, bottle service, 4 course meal, flowers, and live entertainment. Limited to 25 couples.
- Saturday, February 17th – You Look Like A Comedy Show: Couples – 9 pm to 11:30 pm
The “You Look Like” comedy show returns, but with a twist. Performers will now be competing against their significant others! The P&H Cafe will host.
- Saturday, February 17 – A “Sweetheart” Underground Experience – 7pm to 11pm
Paradox Underground is an exclusive dining club, a sort of culinary speakeasy in Memphis that offers dining experiences of a lifetime. For just one night they transform a seemingly obscure location in the city into a unique event venue where Chef Jimmy Gentry along with his Paradox team, serve five masterfully created courses that are paired with the perfect libations, an all around experience sure to excite all the senses. The menu and location of each event remain undisclosed until 48 hours prior to the dinner, ticket holders will then receive an email or text revealing all the final details.
- Saturday, February 17th – Poetry, Love & Hip-Hop: Valentine’s Day Edition – 6 pm to 9 pm
Join Rumba Room Memphis for a night of Hip-Hop, Poetry, and Comedy fusion. Artists will also answer questions about love before taking the mic. Whether you’re single or taken, it’ll be a great night all-around.
Wednesday, February 14 Dinner Options:
- Sweet Potato Baby – Ticketed dinner
- eighty3 – Reservations required
- Chez Philippe at The Peabody – Reservations required
- Capriccio Grill at The Peabody – Reservations required
- Wiseacre – Dessert only
- Overton Square – Various
- Celtic Crossing – Reservations suggested
- Char – Reservations required
- Felicia Suzanne’s – Reservations required
- Lookout at the Pyramid – Reservations required
- Flying Saucer – Strawberry flights
- HM Dessert Lounge – Ticketed dinner
- Lafayette’s Music Room – Ticketed dinner
- Westy’s – Reservations required
- Amerigo’s Italian Restaurant – Reservations required
- Stone Soup Cafe – Reservations required
See more affordable date ideas here.
Know about any events that we missed? Let us know!
See all February events here.
- Friday, February 2nd – Sweet Street – 5 pm to 8 pm
Head to Broad Ave. to sample sweets while you shop! $5 punch cards are available so you won’t miss any. Once you’ve tried them all, you get entered into a drawing to win a prize basket.
- Participating Shops:
- Wiseacre Brewing Company
- City & State
- Falling Into Place
- Broadway Pizza Memphis
- Merchants on Broad
- T Clifton Art
- Paggios Salon
- Bingham & Broad
- Mbabazi House of Style
- Pedaltown Bicycle Company
- Holmes Woodwork
- Five in One Social Club
- Choate’s Air Conditioning, Heating, Plumbing, & Duct Cleaning
- Everbloom Designs
- Saturday, February 3rd – Cookie Decorating Class – 3 pm to 5 pm
Looking to learn how to design immaculate cookies? Head out to the Munford Parks and Rec Center! Each ticket gets you the half dozen cookies, a goodie bag, light snack, and the chance to win a dozen decorated cookies to take home with you.
- Thursday, February 8th – Galentine’s @ Pitter Potter Studio – 6 pm to 9 pm
Join Pitter Potter for a Galentine’s celebration and enjoy a catered “Death By Chocolate” dessert bar. You are welcome to Bring your own beverages. Tickets are in advance only and are $12
- Friday, February 9th – Bitter Ball: Memphis’s Valentine’s Day Redemption Party – 8 pm to 5 am
Single? Head out to Tin Roof for a wild party, complete with a photo-booth and musical guests TBA, with 1000 other singles from around Memphis.
- Friday, February 9th – Sweet LaLa’s Pop-up Shop – 11 am to 1 am
Enjoy lots of sweet treats and cute items. They’ll make great gifts for yourself and your significant other!
Join Playhouse for a celebration of love (or not). This program takes a humorous look at love, anchored by the 20-minute opera, Service Provider, a story of love in the digital age. Rounding out the evening, several favorite local singers will perform classic songs about romance in all its wonder and indignity.
- Saturday, February 10th – Love On The Rocks: A Walking Tour of Elmwood – 10:30am to 2pm
Everyone enjoys a good love story, don’t they? Take a tour of the cemetery learn about those who have loved and lost. This tour is a great gift for the Valentine in your life. The tour begins at the Elmwood Cottage. This walking tour takes place outdoors, so dress appropriately and be prepared to learn about the history of Memphis in a totally entertaining way. Registration is $20 per person. Adults only, please! 18 and over.
- Saturday, February 10th – Louder than Bombs Valentines Show – 10 pm to 1 am
Louder than Bombs is set to perform at Bar DKDC. Singles and couples are both welcome to enjoy the show!
- Saturday, February 10th – 6th Annual Heartbreak Hotel – 7 pm to 9 pm
Need a date for Valentines Day? Well here is your chance to bid for one! Each person will start off at $25 and higher bids can be placed in $5 increments. If you would like to bid anonymously, you can send a direct message to Mid-South Pride and they will post your bid to the picture. All proceeds will benefit Mid-South Pride.
- Saturday, February 10th- Galentine’s Day Party – 11am to 4pm
Show yourself some love this Galentine’s Day by sipping on a rosé cocktail while you shop Paper & Clay + Question the Answer. They will have yummy treats (it’s Brit’s birthday, too!), a giveaway & something for each and every one of your Valentines (most importantly, yourself)! We will also be here to help you make a wishlist to pass on to *your* special someone if you’d like.
- Saturday, February 10th – Whiskey, Wine, and Chocolates – 7 pm to 10 pm
Chocolatier Phillip Ashley creates an array of designer chocolates and confections for you to pair with select whiskey, wines, and cocktails.
- Saturday, February 10th – Valentines Dinner and Music Cruise – 5:30 pm
Enjoy some romance with your Valentine aboard the Memphis Riverboats! Cruise includes 2 hours on the Mighty Mississippi, music from their House Jazz Band and a buffet consisting of beef brisket, green beans, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls, and dessert.
- Saturday, February 10th – GRB’s Valentine’s Market – 12 pm to 4 pm
Stop by Ghost River Brewing’s tap room on the Saturday before Valentine’s Day to enjoy a drink while shopping for great local items that’ll make the perfect gift for your sweetheart.
- Saturday, February 10th – Memphis Fairy-tale Ball – 9 am to 7 pm
The Memphis Cook Convention Center will be hosting a magical ball for the kids across the city! They’ll be able to dance with Cinderella, read with Rapunzel, share sweet treats with Tinkerbell, and create a tiara with Elena.
- Saturday, February 10th – Hearts in the Park – 9 am to 5 pm
Come to the Heart in the Park Valentine’s Sale on the front lawn of Memphis College of Art to shop great local art pieces!
- Saturday, February 10th – Memphis Art Pop-up – 10 am to 4 pm
Shop local ceramics, art, and meet the artists of the Art Factory!
- Saturday, February 10th – Flowers and Chocolate @ Wiseacre Brewing – 2 pm to 10 pm
With this brewery tour and pairing, you’ll get to enjoy beers full of flavors from chocolaty malts, seasoned with flowers (hops) and paired with Dinstuhl’s Fine Candy Company chocolates. Three sessions are available in the afternoon at 2, 4, and 6 pm.
- Saturday, February 10th – A Lover’s & Friends Mixer – 9 pm to 2:30 am
Experience art, R&B jams, signature drinks and intimate conversation at the Art Village Gallery on the 10th!
- Saturday, February 10th – Partners Ring Workshop – 12 pm to 4 pm
Learn to make a textured sterling silver ring with a partner in just one class. In celebration of Valentine’s Day, you and your loved one will texture, solder, form, and finish silver rings for each other. No experience is necessary and all materials are provided.
- Saturday, February 10th – Valentine’s Day Pop-Up Shop – 10 am to 6 pm
Everbloom Designs is hosting a Valentine Pop-Up shop with special arrangements and treats available all day.
- Saturday, February 10th – 6th Annual Chocolate Tour – 10 am to 4 pm
Visit the Historical Covington Square for the annual chocolate tour with over 20 stops filled with great items and tasty treats.
- Sunday, February 11th – Champagne Sunday – 12 pm to 2 pm
If you visit the Metal Museum on the 11th, you’ll enjoy tasty treats while you shop through their store filled with one-of-a-kind, Memphis made items that’ll impress your loved one on the big day.
- Sunday, February 11th – Galentines Brunch – 12 pm to 4 pm
Ghost River Brewing Company is throwing you and your favorite gals a brunch party. Reserve your seats to celebrate an early Galentines with Flying Sobies Hen House Food Truck. $10/person includes a Two Girls and a Whip cupcake, a pour of their Chocolate Orgasm Chocolate Ale (or beer of choice) plus some other personalized items.
- Tuesday, February 13th – Parks & Rec Trivia – 6 pm to 9 pm
Celebrate Galentines Day at Seize the Clay! Get a team together and test your Parks & Rec knowledge. Win prizes, paint pottery, and have a great time. Adults only.