For the duration of the government shutdown, local organizations and businesses are offering discounts and free admission to all federal employees with the presentation of a government ID!
Here’s what we’ve seen so far:
- 50% off food in the Crosstown Arts Cafe
- 50% off membership fees for the Shared Arts Making spaces in Crosstown Arts
- Free admission at Stax Museum of American Soul Music for federal employee and one guest
- Free admission at National Civil Rights Museum for federal employee and one guest
- Free admission into Dixon Gallery and Gardens for federal employees, contractors, and their families members (will continue on until one month after shutdown ends)
- Free admission into the Brooks Museum for federal employees and their families
- $20 tickets at Playhouse on the Square starting this weekend
- $15 adult tickets (limit 2) for any Thursday night performance through March 31, 2019 at Theatre Memphis
- A limited number of tickets are available for furloughed employees to Mary Wilson at the Halloran Centre on Jan. 26. To redeem, visit the box office between Jan. 22 and 25 and show government ID. One ticket per person.
- Free admission to the Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum and Memphis Hall of Fame for federal employee and one guest
- Free day passes to cowork space at Wonder/ Cowork/ Create for federal employees- Free coffee, free wifi, cheap photocopies
- $15 tickets for any seat in the house at the Memphis Symphony Orchestra until the end of the season to federal employees with a government ID
- Free admission at the Metal Museum for two adults and any children until the end of the shutdown with valid government ID
- Free admission to the IRIS orchestra for all furloughed employees until the end of the shutdown and $25 tickets for one month after its resolve
- Free tickets (up to 2 per event) for “Indie Memphis Nights” weekly film series until the end of the shutdown. Government ID must be shown at the Indie Memphis box office at screening venue, open one hour before showtime – Offer not available for Malco special event screening of Roma on 1/29
- Free tickets to any show at Germantown Performing Arts Center for federal employees until the shutdown ends and four weeks after. Up to four tickets per family pending availability- does not apply to special events. To redeem, visit the box office or call 901-751-7500. Must provide government ID.
- 50% off your meal purchase of entree, side and drink at RAWK’n Grub as long as the shutdown continues.
- 50% off at Eric’s Grill and Catering Food Truck until the end of the shutdown.
- Free admission to Memphis Botanic Garden for federal employees with badge ID and their immediate family members until the shutdown ends.
- Free admission to Withers Collection Museum and Gallery to any federal employee with badge ID and one guest until federal shutdown ends.
Know of another discount? Let us know in the comments!