Featured photo: @janehwells on Instagram
The Levitt Shell has announced its fall series of free music and events that begins on September 7.
This year’s fall series includes film screenings of Mary Poppins and Beetlejuice, a weekend of benefit shows, and another great lineup of free music.
Shows kick off on September 7 with the North Mississippi Allstars. Some of the highlights of the fall will include Memphis Renaissance: Where Do We Go From Here (a collaborative performance with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra and New Ballet Ensemble), a very special concert celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Royal Studios, the return of the Memphis Country Blues Festival, and twenty-five free concerts featuring a diverse group of artists.
All events are family-friendly and, though outside food and drink are allowed, food trucks and vendors are available. Check out the lineup, get those picnic baskets ready, and go enjoy the show.
- Where: The Levitt Shell (1928 Poplar Ave. Memphis, 38104)
- Cost: 100% Free
- When: All shows start at 7pm
- Sept. 7: North Mississippi Allstars
- Sept. 8: Lady Wray
- Sept. 9: Brian Owens & the Deacons of Soul
- Sept. 10: John Kilzer
- Sept. 14: Alex Cuba
- Sept. 15: Jonathan Blanchard
- Sept. 16: Country blues festival ft. Blue Mother Tupelo and Rev. John Wilkins
- Sept. 17: Trout Fishing in America
- Sept. 21: Southern Avenue
- Sept. 22: Memphis Renaissance
- Sept. 23: Dee Dee Bridgewater
- Sept. 24: Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Sept 28: Opera Memphis
- Sept. 29: Bruce Sudano
- Sept. 30: “Mary Poppins” (concert and film screening)
- Oct. 1: Sam Outlaw
- Oct. 5: Shaun Johnson Big Band Experience
- Oct. 6: Dylan LeBlanc
- Oct. 7: TBA
- Oct. 8: Lady Rizo
- Oct. 12: Love Light Orchestra
- Oct. 13: FreeWorld 30th Anniversary
- Oct. 14: Royal Studios 60th Anniversary Celebration
- Oct. 15: Emily Barker
- Oct. 19: “Beetlejuice” (film screening)
- Oct. 20: The Blue Stones
“Stars at the Shell,” shows presented by First Tennessee to benefit Levitt Shell’s 50 free shows:
- Nov. 3 at 8pm – Artist TBA
- Nov 4 at 8pm – Lucinda Williams
- Tickets: $25 general admission, $100 for VIP
- Get tickets here starting August 4th
Concerned about parking? Free street parking is available in Overton Park while spaces last. The Overton Square Parking Garage offers free parking before 6pm and just $3 after 6pm. The Levitt Shell also offers a free bike valet service.