WLOK-AM 1340/FM 105
WLOK-AM is the first African American owned radio station in Memphis and FM 105 WLOK is the only African American owned radio station in Memphis. WLOK is a community radio station serving listeners through innovative talk, local news, interviews, and an inspirational gospel music format. The motto of WLOK is “Still a Family Tradition”.
We are a hard working group and we are looking for our next family member to join the WLOK-AM 1340-FM 105.9 family!
Position: Morning Board Operator (Part Time) Sundays
Experience: Entry Level
The shift for the Morning Board Operator hours are Sundays from 5am-11am at the WLOK-AM studios in Memphis, Tennessee. Under the direction of the Program Director, the board operator’s duties include overseeing the continuous flow of programming on the station and to setup safeguards in the case of equipment failure or other emergencies. This person is the first point of contact in case of interruptions of programming to assure paid advertising continues to run.
· Oversee and manage the program playlist keeping programs on time
· Organize and prepare backups to run in case of an emergency
· Manually call to record transmitter log readings
· Monitor the on air playlist
· Call screener/answer a multi-line phone system answering phone calls for a live radio show
· Maintain the program master log sheet and record times of programs
· May be required to work holidays if shift lies on one.
· Assists the Program Director where needed
· Must be dependable with reliable transportation.
· Must be able to approach the position with professionalism and perform duties responsibly and reliably.
Other Desired Qualities:
· Eye for detail, reliable, team player, can do attitude, focused, integrity, punctual
Please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com for consideration. No phone calls, please!