Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Minimum Salary: $42,500
This is an on-site position.
At the Orpheum Theatre Group (OTG), you will find amazing talent on our stages and throughout our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the Mid-South through our nonprofit mission, which includes our numerous education and community engagement programs and our commitment to equity and diversity. Our Orpheum Theatre Group team is dynamic, creative, innovative, and community-minded, and we are ready to welcome you!
The Marketing Department exists to tell OTG’s story to new and current audiences, jumpstart positive relationships with the community, maintain integrity of the brand, promote the organization’s events and programs, and advance its overall mission and goals. Marketing works to achieve the highest level of quality and organization in its messaging and daily tasks. This purpose is accomplished through strategic advertising, clear and authentic communication, and dynamic creative assets. As a department, Marketing lives and thrives in the details, utilizing strategic thinking and approaching challenges from multiple points of view. A close and collaborative team, Marketing constantly seeks one another’s expertise and perspective, recognizing that while roles vary, each member of the group is vital to collective success.
The Website Manager supports the Marketing Department’s responsibility of strategically amplifying its programs and events to the communities OTG serves through its website, local websites, and other online opportunities.
How You Will Contribute
Manage the website, including edits, updates, additions, and ensuring that content is current and well organized
Collaborate with the website vendor to maximize web efficiency, troubleshoot issues, manage system updates, and (when needed) manage redesign projects
Collect, analyze, and utilize website data to inform web updates and recommendations for redesign strategies
Conduct monthly website audits to ensure that information is current and correct
Place tracking pixels to enhance digital advertising data
Input Orpheum Theatre Group events and programs into online community calendars
Plan, schedule, and manage the campus outdoor digital marquees
Localize and size graphics for digital assets
Create and manage select digital campaigns
Actively seek up-to-date knowledge on best practices, innovative strategies, new system functionality, and emerging platforms
Cross-train in other areas of marketing to assist when needed
Reflect OTG’s brand in all work
Prepared to work nights and weekends as needed to fulfill responsibilities (infrequent to rare)
Department and Organization Participation
· Contribute to department and organizational goals as well as individual goals
· Assist as needed on all department duties as assigned
· Support the organization’s fundraising initiatives and assist as needed at fundraising events
· Contribute to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to equity
How You Stand Out
Preferred Experience and Education
· Comprehensive training in website management, digital marketing, or equivalent professional experience
· Two years in digital marketing communication management for business or organization
· Expert with website content management systems, Umbraco experience a plus
· Understanding of HTML coding preferred
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and basic graphic design
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Creativity and curiosity
· Initiative, driven to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to improve processes and increase results
· Highly advanced organizational skills: position manages many projects at various stages of completion at a time while still adhering to deadlines; organization is paramount for success in this role
· Communicates, primarily in type, clearly and accurately
· Excellent work ethic, making the most of available time with a drive to meet assigned tasks and strategize innovative ways to advance the goals of the position
· Independent worker with successful time management and prioritization skills while also team-oriented
· Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
· Fosters high regard for excellent customer service and positive interpersonal interactions
· Keen attention to detail and an excellent proof-reader, often catching errors that others might overlook
· Positivity, flexibility, and adaptability
· Comfortable working with a highly collaborative team and in a fast-paced environment
· Open to offering and receiving constructive feedback
How We Stand Out
Benefits and Perks
· 401(k) and 401(k) matching
· Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
· Paid time off
· Paid sick time
· Paid holidays
· Annual bonus opportunity
· Parental leave
· Parking provided
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities
· A diverse team of colleagues
· Volunteer and committee opportunities
· Tickets to select Orpheum and Halloran Centre events as available
· Campus located in the heart of downtown Memphis with a historic theatre and modern performing arts and education center
The Orpheum Theatre Group does not offer relocation assistance for this position.
The mission of the Orpheum Theatre Group is to enhance the communities we serve by utilizing the performing arts to entertain, educate and enlighten while preserving the historic Orpheum Theatre and the Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
The Orpheum Theatre Group will strive to be a world-class performing arts organization, serving as a cultural beacon and catalyst for positive change.
· Innovative: The Orpheum Theatre Group takes risk and invests in new ideas.
· Inclusive: The Orpheum Theatre Group is welcoming and accepting to all.
· Inspirational: The Orpheum Theatre Group motivates positive change through the performing arts.
· Integrity: The Orpheum Theatre Group acts ethically and considers all viewpoints.
· lmpactful: The Orpheum Theatre Group provides meaningful opportunity.
· Transformative: The Orpheum Theatre Group changes lives, Memphis, and the world.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are dedicated to equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit ourselves to listening to and elevating voices that have been systemically silenced.
The Orpheum Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Interested candidates should submit résumé and references, and, if applicable, sample emails and/or webpages created from a past project (digital format preferred) to email@example.com.
The Orpheum Theatre Group