Works under general supervision of an senior engineer to perform various repair and maintenance work, provides direction for skilled and semi-skilled work activities and performs other generalized duties in the operations of County facilities.
1. Four (4) years of maintenance work experience, of which two (2) years preferred in a lead capacity; And
2. High School diploma or possess a GED.
3. Sanitary Sewer experience preferred
4. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops job assignments.
2. Makes inspections, schedules and carries out routine maintenance of the sanitary sewer system, i.e. pumping stations, man holes and collections lines.
3. Conducts tests at sewer treatment plants, compiles results, and makes adjustments in plant operations, as needed.
4. Directs and operates truck mounted sewer cleaning machines.
5. Completes maintenance reports.
6. Directs and carries out routine repairs on mechanical equipment.
7. Complies test results to be submitted to the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conversation for environmental compliance.
8. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
1. Knowledge to perform basic math computations.
2. Ability to use mechanical as well as hand tools, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
3. Ability to receive and direct task assignments and cooperate with other personnel.
4. Ability to meet with the public and handle complaints.
5. Ability to perform duties of skilled and unskilled nature, including lifting, climbing, etc.
1. Must be in good physical condition to stoop, bend, lift up to 75 pounds or greater.
2. Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and a variety of weather conditions, including inclement weather.
1. Must pass a physical examination.
2. Must submit to and pass a drug and alcohol screening.
3. Must not have any major driving violations (i.e. suspended license, DUI, etc.) within the past twelve months.
4. Must possess a Collection Systems Operator Certification or secure certification prior to the completion of probation.
Shelby County Government