Works under direct supervision of a supervisor to perform court related clerical work within assigned courts.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
1. Two (2) years of experience in appropriate office operations support, bookkeeping, filing, customer service, inventory control, typing, data processing, statistical work and/or other routine clerical related duties; and high school diploma or possess a GED; OR
2. One (1) year of appropriate office operations support, bookkeeping, filing, customer service, inventory control, typing, data processing, statistical work and/or other routine clerical related experience; and one (1) year of college study (30 semester hours or 36 quarters).
3. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares docket or calendar of cases to be called in assigned courtroom.
2. Examines legal documents submitted to the court for adherence to court or law procedures.
3. Prepares court cases folders and posts, files and routes documents.
4. Explains procedures or forms to requesting parties.
5. Secures information for judges, contact witnesses, attorneys and litigants to obtain information for court and instruct parties when to appear in court.
6. Provides information to various state and County offices as required.
7. Administers oath to witnesses, attorneys and litigants.
8. Records minutes of court proceedings and prepare same.
9. Records case dispositions, court orders and arranges for payments of court fees.
10. Enters various court information into computer; editing and deleting same as required.
11. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
1. Knowledge of the various legal instruments issued by the court.
2. Ability to maintain an established system of records and files.
3. Ability to work with court officials.
4. Ability to use a personal computer.
5. Ability to write legibly on legal documents and court files.
6. Good communication skills and organizational skills.
7. Ability to perform accurate arithmetical computations.
Shelby County Government