Position reports to the Deputy Director of Division of Community Services (Justice Programs) and oversees activities to ensure implementation of the Youth and Family Resource Center along with related programs and activities for youth and families at risk of involvement with the justice system.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
1. Seven (7) years of experience in an increasingly responsible administrative capacity in program development and management; and
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, health services administration/management, social work, sociology, or related field; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. Master’s degree or Clinical Licensure preferred.
5. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides clinical oversight and directs the work activities of all assigned employees and is accountable for their results.
2. Supervises any assigned project staff, including training, reviewing and assigning work, instructing employees, completing performance reviews and making recommendations for personnel actions.
3. Prepares and facilitates processing of all contracts, amendments, resolutions, and agreements related to the Youth and Family Resource Center and related programming and activities.
4. Develops and manages system for monitoring contract compliance and program outcomes of contracted community-based service providers.
5. Determines resource needs and allocation of resources and accounts for their effective use.
6. Recommends program goals and develops and implements plans for the department with higher management.
7. Coordinates activities with other division leadership, managers and supervisors in order to meet departmental goals and objectives.
8. Assists in research, writing, and submission of funding applications, conditions of award and reporting requirements as prescribed by grant funding.
9. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies, organizations and stakeholders.
10. Participate in the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization, including gathering and analyzing data necessary to support those goals.
11. Represents the organization externally, as necessary, in the development of new partnerships and programming.
12. Designs and implements presentations on the Youth and Family Resource Center and related services in order to strengthen the organizational capacity of community-based providers; to improve the quality of services for justice involved youth; to expand the pool of qualified service providers; and to enhance the ability of community stakeholders to best respond to needs of youth and families.
13. Develops policy, provides policy interpretation and ensures policy compliance.
14. Develops timetables to ensure all work activities stay on projected implementation schedules.
15. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
1. Knowledge of modern management techniques and the ability to apply them in directing the work of others.
2. Knowledge of the youth service field and experience with youth at-risk of justice involvement.
3. Ability to develop timetables, workforce, projections and ability to monitor and revise as needed to meet deadlines.
4. Ability to prepare budgets, financial reports and cost analyses.
5. Skill in data analysis, program development and management, grant writing.
6. Ability to supervise staff, assign tasks, develop and conduct performance reviews, develop and implement performance improvement plans.
7. Ability to organize and present information for individuals and groups.
8. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, verbally and in writing, with employees, other departments in Shelby County and the public.
9. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, service providers, community partners, community planning groups, and the public.
10. Ability to understand, apply and communicate rules, regulations and guidelines mandated by local, state and federal funding sources.
11. Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments requiring both short- and long-term planning.
12. Skills in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of action; working persuasively and tactfully with supervisors.
Shelby County Government