Hourly Rate: $19.04 – $21.15
About the Job
Under moderate supervision, provides accounting support including receiving, processing, verifying, reconciling invoices, data entry and compilation of information for reports.
1.Performs day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
2. Processes supplier invoices with and without purchase orders using financial software. Researches and interacts with suppliers to maintain current account status and to resolve invoice discrepancies. Prepares supplier checks on a predetermined schedule.
3. Verifies and procures appropriate information to establish new suppliers and maintain supplier records to include ongoing updates to addresses, tax identification or contact information as identified.
4. Coordinates with internal departments to ensure timely approval and submittal of invoices and assists with resolution of match exceptions.
5. Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers. Researches and resolves invoice/expense report discrepancies. Properly classifies monthly utility expenses and reclassifies supplier invoices through journal entries as needed.
6. Distributes requested checks and disburses petty cash.
7. Prepares accounting reports as assigned.
8. Maintains files for all invoices and accounts payables payments and other documentation as assigned.
9. Answers incoming telephone calls and performs clerical and accounting duties for Finance.
EDUCATION – High School Diploma/GED. Associate degree or some college preferred.
EXPERIENCE – Two (2) years of accounts payable experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES – Knowledge of accounts payable functions including processing vendor invoices and check payments. Must have a valid driver license.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications. Excellent human relations skills to include ability to build effective and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records. Ability to provide attention to detail in work product.
Memphis-Shelby County Airport Authority