The Booking Coordinator, under the supervision of the Director, Event Booking is responsible for managing the contracting process from creation to completion and assisting the Director, Event Booking with managing the arena calendar, including sending avails, placing and confirming holds, and communicating with internal departments. This includes scheduling major concerts & family show events as well as smaller private & internal events. The Booking Coordinator will be heavily involved in the marketing efforts of all FedExForum events (excluding Grizzlies and Memphis Tigers games) with a focus on grassroots initiatives. In addition, the coordinator will interact with clients, promoters, artist’s agents and managers in efforts to increase event bookings at FedExForum. The Coordinator will also be responsible for managing VIP activations at major concerts and events.
In This Role You Will
Develop and maintain relationships with promoters, local market contacts, booking agents and talent affiliates to attract concerts, shows, entertainment events, etc.
- Assist with the Event Booking Calendar for the arena by placing/clearing holds and sending avails.
- Supervise & coordinate with Memphis Grizzlies/FedExForum marketing & public relations departments to ensure that all events at FedExForum are properly publicized and marketed via available Memphis
- Grizzlies & FedExForum marketing assets as well as available city assets such as online calendar listings.
- Assists in venue contract initiation, revisions and execution for event rental agreements for all events at
- FedExForum. Also responsible for obtaining/tracking certificates of insurance.
- Assist Director with marketing and promotional support to further develop the FedExForum brand, generate new booking opportunities and new sponsorship opportunities. This includes utilizing different building configurations and smaller spaces in attracting traditional and non-traditional (new/different types of) events for the arena as well as for private/corporate events.
- Coordinate grassroots marketing initiatives to promote FedExForum concerts/events throughout the city.
- Work with Memphis Grizzlies sales, sponsorship, community engagement and basketball operations departments to schedule, plan and execute their department and activation events hosted at FedExForum.
- Work with event & box office managers for concert set up planning, CAD drawing review and scaling of venue of events for public on sale on Ticketmaster.
- Assist with internal and industry ticket requests for Memphis Grizzlies games or FedExForum concerts/events.
- Host industry people or VIP’s that are attending Memphis Grizzlies games or FedExForum Events while also working with event managers/coordinators on assigned tasks the day of show for FedExForum events.
- Provides support and assistance to Director, inclusive of, but not limited to, answering phones, handling correspondence, managing Director’s daily calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, creating expense reports, and maintaining and managing calendars and show files.
- Ensures that the FedExForum website is updated with event information, including times, ticket links, support announcements, etc.
- Performs research for potential upcoming events and tracks regional events activities
- Researches and procures Artist welcoming gifts or executes artist experiences while on site.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field required.
- Two years of related experience.
- Understand all details of the event booking and knowledge of contracts and specifications, including possible ramifications of any deviation(s) from this process.
- Follow strict confidentiality policies.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with VIP’s as well as internal and external clients at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent project coordination and project management skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of Entertainment Professionals preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Music, professional basketball, and the sports & entertainment industry.
- Familiar with EventBooking.com.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Mainly Photoshop).
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Free parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.
Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Basketball LLC