As a leader of the Ticket Sales Representative Program (The BASE), the Ticket Sales Manager is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and developing entry-level ticket sales representatives. Also, the Ticket Sales Manager is responsible for generating revenue by identifying business opportunities for the ticket sales representatives. These products include season tickets, partial plans, premium seats, group, and party suites. In this position, success is enhanced through developing and following systems that track phone calls, appointments, touchpoints, and revenue using technology tools such as Salesforce, OneMob and Olark. Furthermore, the Manager, Ticket Sales will work in conjunction with the Group Sales and Premium Sales management to ensure additional goals are achieved.
In This Role You Will
Responsible for building a diverse recruiting pipeline of entry-level sales candidates through relationships with various college sports management, marketing, and business programs.
- Hire qualified candidates that possess the key characteristics that we look for in a TSR.
- Develop, implement, and execute sales training programs and materials to aid in the education of TSR’s.
- Assist in the sales process of all developing TSR’s including phone calls, in-person appointments, and sales table touchpoints.
- Build relationships and identify the career path with each TSR to develop steps assisting their career development.
- Identify new business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting, and following up with sales leads while representing the Grizzlies at functions throughout the region.
- Responsible for, but not limited to the assisting of representative’s sales of new full, partial, and group ticket packages as well as single-game suite rentals to both corporations and individuals.
- Develop new prospects and referral opportunities by working all games and select FedExForum events.
- Update and maintain customer information and payments using Archtics and CRM.
- Contribute positively to the sales team member culture through working relationships with all team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field.
- At least three years of successful sales experience at the account executive level (or equivalent), demonstrating revenue growth with a professional sports team
- Ability to multi-task and maintain strong organization and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, a team builder and a team player.
- An energetic, positive, and self-motivated person.
- Must be diplomatic, mature, and professional.
- Must have a passion for the sports and entertainment industry.
- Must be open to learning throughout the sales training process and a coachable team member to be eligible for career development opportunities.
- Must be available to work all events, some falling on weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment, specifically NBA basketball.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
- Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Free parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.