As a member of the Ticket Sales and Service Team, the Account Executive, Ticket Sales is responsible for generating revenue by identifying business opportunities and selling Grizzlies and FedExForum ticket products. These products include season tickets, partial plans, premium seats, group and party suite sales. In this position success is enhanced through outbound phone efforts along with using other sales tools such as ZoomInfo and Salesforce. Furthermore, the Account Executive, Ticket Sales will work in conjunction with the Ticket Services team to help service existing accounts.
In This Role You Will
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all individual performance and developmental goals within specified time frames.
- Identify new business opportunities by establishing professional and person networks, proactively soliciting for and following up with sales leads while representing the Grizzlies at functions throughout the region.
- Build relationships with prospective customers via outbound telephone efforts and enhance those relationships through face to face appointments.
- Responsible for, but not limited to the sales of new full, partial and group ticket packages as well as single game suite rentals to both corporations and individuals.
- Implement and demonstrate outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, and referral gathering.
- Develop new prospects and referral opportunities by working all games and select FedExForum events.
- Service, renew and grow existing season, partial and group ticket accounts.
- Update and maintain customer information and payments using Archtics and CRM.
- Actively participate in team member sales training and development opportunities.
- Contribute positively to sales team member culture through working relationships with all team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4-year college degree in Business, Sports Management, or related field preferred.
- At least one-year of successful sales experience with a professional sports team or other sales focused organization.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain strong organization and organizational skills.
- Strong communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, a team builder and a team player.
- An energetic, positive, and self-motivated person. Must be diplomatic, mature and professional.
- Must have a passion for the sports and entertainment industry.
- Must be open to learning throughout sales training process and a coachable team member to be eligible for career development opportunities.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics ticketing system and Microsoft Dynamics contact management system.
- A minimum of two years of post-secondary education in a sales/marketing field.
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional basketball.
What We Offer
At the Memphis Grizzlies, we strive to support our team members through all stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and wellness options and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits and perks.
Keeping You Healthy
- Industry leading health coverage
- Short and Long-term disability
- Team Member and Dependent Life Insurance
- Group Voluntary Benefits
- Wellness programs through EAP and Headspace
- Discounts and Perks
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Store Discounts
- Happy Hours and other fun activities
- Qualified parking and game night meals
- NBA Sponsored Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Taking Time Off
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Paternal Leave
Memphis Basketball LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and team members fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.