At Make-A-Wish Mid-South, we’re more than a great place to work – our work changes lives. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We’ve been doing this for more than 35 years, and together, with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish Mid-South has granted more than 6,500 wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish Mid-South is headquartered in Memphis, TN with offices in Little Rock, AR and Fayetteville, AR. We serve wish kids in Arkansas, West Tennessee and North Mississippi. The Marketing/ Communications team is committed to spotlighting the Make-A-Wish brand and telling the Make-A-Wish story.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Officer is responsible for building and executing a strategy to ensure events are successfully developed to achieve the targeted revenue goals for West Tennessee and North Mississippi.
Team Member Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful implementation of several chapter internal events (Dishes for Wishes, Make-A-Wish Golf Tournament and Wine for Wishes) to reach aggressive fundraising goals
- Identify, steward, and solicit cash and in-kind sponsorships from individual and corporate donors.
- Strategically develop and provide leadership to volunteer working committees.
- Manage event budgets by tracking revenue and expenses associated with assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Serve as main point of contact for all logistical aspects of events to include location, food and beverage, décor, invitations, RSVP’s, attendees, agenda, budget, etc.
- Develop and maintain project management sites to oversee logistics and adhere to timelines for each assigned internal event or campaign. Monitor internal procedures for event production and recommend streamlines and improvements, as necessary.
- Act as chapter lead for online events management system.
- Oversee the Chi Omega national partnership.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop and implement PR plans, messaging, digital marketing, print pieces and signage for internal events.
- Attend weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly AR/TN Development Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Vice President of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Vice President of Development.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years fund-raising or event planning experience, preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently
- Ability to work with and build effective long-term relationships with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of the Memphis community as well as regional area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Paid time off: 12 vacation days/ year, increasing with tenure; 12 personal days/ year; and 12 holidays/ year.
- Flexible schedule.
- Fully paid comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Paid medical leave option after completion of five years of employment.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan, including employer match.
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Make-A-Wish Mid-South is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.