Foster Village Memphis is a non-profit organization that provides holistic wraparound support to children and caregivers involved in the child welfare system. We equip families with basic necessities, connect them with ongoing support services, and advocate for community awareness to bridge the gaps in child welfare.
Primary Role of Executive Director is to oversee operations and development of a start-up non-profit, utilizing the proven framework and programs laid out by Foster Village Inc. We are seeking an organized, friendly, energetic individual who excels in leadership, written communication, and project management. Ideal candidate has lived experience related to foster care/child welfare and professional experience in the non-profit sector.
- Develop, support, and promote the Foster Village mission and goals in the designated coverage area.
- Oversee Welcome Pack program and support groups
- Recruit and develop reliable volunteers to manage projects related to programs and fundraising.
- Oversee fundraising efforts and events and guide the board of directors on fundraising goals.
- Manage communications related to program updates for social media, organizational reports, website updates, and media campaigns.
- Maintain brand and mission integrity through the provided marketing, messaging and branding guidelines.
- Weekly on-site and remote hours.
- Plan special events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Organized and responsive
- Reliable self-starter
- Passionate about supporting families intersecting with child welfare
- Personal or professional experience in foster care or related field is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to fundraise and build a network of support within the community
- Proficient in Canva and other digital media apps
- Ability to work independently and lead a project from start to finish
- Uses effective communication techniques
- Ability to be highly organized and accountable
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization
Foster Village Memphis