DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Christ Methodist Day School seeks an innovative and efficient communicator to join its advancement team and lead all communication, marketing, branding and advertising for the school. He or she will work collaboratively with the administrative team as well as other CMDS programs to support the school’s academic, spiritual and financial objectives while coordinating all communications to the school community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and/or edit and send emails, texts and other communication to parents throughout the school year.
- Create all graphics for CMDS social media and other uses.
- Create and manage the production and installation of all campus signage.
- Create and produce printed programs and other necessary items for all school events and other school needs.
- Create and publish the annual school calendar and student directory.
- Collaborate with the advancement team on strategic and day-to-day planning.
- Design, create and produce all materials – both print and digital – for CMDS programs, including
- AOK@CMDS, Summer@CMDS and Maxine Moore Music Academy.
- Develop and execute the school’s marketing and advertising strategy.
- Edit and assist with the creation of communication materials for other areas of the school (Administrative, Admissions, Development, and others)
- Generate content for and distribute the Weekly Compass e-newsletter via email and text link.
- Lead social media team to plan, edit and execute CMDS social media strategy.
- Manage and – with the assistance of the school’s ad agency of record – develop all CMDS branding, including oversight of all school logos. Also coordinate all paid advertising for CMDS in the community.
- Manage and update choosecmds.org as needed.
- Manage school photography, including the coordination of outside professionals to help with school photos, marketing photos and special event photos.
- Oversee the creation and fulfillment of all CMDS-branded items, including those needed for new student gifts and numerous other school-wide promotional items.
- Serve as the liaison between the CMDS Administrative Team and the Parent Association.
- Support faculty in communication to parents.
- Support fellow administrators/staff in meetings or media events as needed.
- Support the Student Engagement Team in many aspects of student life at CMDS.
- Work on all emergency or crisis communication to the CMDS community.
- Work with Christ Methodist Athletics department to promote Guardians sports.
- Work with the Director of Admissions to manage the combined Admissions/Communications budget.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, communications or related field.
- At least five years work experience in marketing, communications or related field is preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Must work well in groups and have a personality that people can easily relate to.
- Must protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
- Creative and Technical skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat DC), Canva, Dropbox, Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides, Mailchimp (or comparable email marketing software), Squarespace
CHRIST METHODIST DAY SCHOOL