DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Christ Methodist Day School seeks a creative, energetic, organized fundraiser with excellent communication and technology skills to manage the annual fund; manage special events; cultivate and solicit major gifts; and coordinate all other development activities including alumni engagement. The Director of Development will be assisted by the Assistant Director of Development, Advancement Associate, and Alumni Coordinator.
- Work with the Head of School to identify goals for each year’s annual fund and plan the calendar of events for the annual fund.
- Work with the Head of School to develop donor relations and solicit donations.
- Work with the Director of Communications to plan and execute all development communications materials such as campaign’s case for support, emails, stewardship materials, acknowledgement letters, and the annual report.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Provide stewardship in the encouragement and recognition of donor philanthropy.
- Identify and attend professional development opportunities in fundraising, development writing, database administration and management.
- Develop alumni programs and ensure that goals are being met.
- Oversee the development databases to ensure they are current.
- Organize, oversee, attend, and champion all fundraising events as well as social events that can connect development and relationship building efforts among the school community. These would include events where parents are on campus and school-wide social events off campus.
- Development/community building experience is highly sought after.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- Experience with development software and databases is desirable.
- Attention to accuracy, confidentiality, details and deadlines is required.
- Must work well in groups and have a personality that people can easily relate to.
- Strong writing and speaking skills are required.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate faculty, families, board members and volunteers
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
CHRIST METHODIST DAY SCHOOL