ArtsMemphis seeks a Data Management & Analysis Intern for Summer 2023. This position will work with our team on data reconfiguration and analysis in our databases (Raiser’s Edge NXT-development, Financial Edge-finance, Foundant-grant-making and MailChimp-communications).
This position will provide donor software experience and the opportunity to learn about nonprofit data management and analysis practices while gaining experience in an organization with a broad service area and unique focus as a local arts agency.
- Summer 2023 [May – August]
- Specific start date, length of internship, days and hours in the office are flexible and will be determined with the intern.
- General office hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm (in person Monday-Thursday; remote optional on Friday).
- ArtsMemphis internships can be used to complete academic course credit at most academic institutions.
- This will be a paid internship with a rate of $15/hour.
This position will be a key player in our 3 strategic areas of the organization: Invest in Arts, Generate Arts Support, Advance Organizational Effectiveness
This role will focus on reconfiguring our donor and financial database records to increase capacity and create efficiencies.
- This position will be responsible for optimizing donor data, financial ledger codes and database structures.
- These projects will involve direct work in donor and financial databases, with editing entries, reformatting donor profiles and updating financial coding.
Additionally, this position will play a role in processing and analyzing organizational data gathered from our grant-making processes.
- This position will process and analyze grantee data and create summaries and visuals.
- These projects will utilize grantee data to create impact reports and a deeper understanding of our grantees’ work.
The position will report to the Development Manager and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.