ALLMemphis is grounded in the vision of a fully literate community where one’s zip code does not determine their life outcomes. To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking a highly qualified individual to join our talented team as the Programs Manager. This position is in-person and the major function of an ALLMemphis Programs Manager is to support the Director of Programs (DOP), set clear and achievable standards for the designated department(s), and communicate clearly.
Core Responsibilities of the ALLMemphis Programs Manager:
- Setting standards: The Programs Manager is responsible for setting clear and achievable standards for the team. These standards should be aligned with the overall goals of the organization and should be communicated to the team clearly.
- Training to standards: The Programs Manager is responsible for providing the team with the training they need to meet the standards that have been set. This training may include on-the-job training, formal training programs, or self-study.
- Holding team members accountable for meeting the standards: The Programs Manager is responsible for holding team members accountable for meeting the standards that have been set. This may involve providing feedback, coaching, and discipline as needed.
In addition to these core responsibilities, the Programs Manager may also be responsible for other tasks such as:
- Delegate Tasks to the right team members and provide resources/feedback needed to complete tasks.
- Provide necessary, constructive feedback to help team members to improve their performance towards achieving organizational goals.
- Motivate team members to meet ambitious goals by ensuring a positive work environment, recognition, and setting clear expectations.
- Support team members with completing tasks efficiently, consistently, and aligned with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Maintain departmental reports, monitor performance, and provide employees with feedback and suggestions on how they can improve.
- Accountability for the performance management of their designated department’s employees including assigning tasks, delegating responsibilities, and ensuring completion of assigned obligations.
- Collaborate, from time to time, with other departments to ensure a coordinated approach to program and organizational strategies.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders including networking and staying up to date on educational trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (education or related field preferred )
- 2 to 3 years of leadership experience with developing/coaching teams
- Not currently employed by an ALLMemphis partner school
- Center of Effective Reading Instruction (CERI) Certification (must be obtained within first 90 days of employment)
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-Directed Learner
- Experience working, managing, and engaging with diverse populations and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively, and maintain accountability for self and others
- Desire to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Recognize gaps in personal learning/understanding and create/implement a plan of action
- Identifies problems and actively seeks solutions.
- Commitment to ALLMemphis’ mission and values, as well as a passion for educational equity
- Dependable mode of transportation for daily use
- Experience working in public or public charter schools
- Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of foundational literacy skills preferred
- Experience with conducting presentations
- Professional development in the area(s) of:
- Diverse Learners
- Multisensory language instruction (Orton-Gillingham)
- Peer observation, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Response to Intervention
- Data Analysis
- Dedication to continuous improvement of self, program, and organization at large
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with ‘Programs Manager’ in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis beginning February 5, 2024. ALLMemphis celebrates diversity and does not discriminate on basis on age, race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin in admission or in any other activities or programs. ALLMemphis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. ALLMemphis uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires.