Advocates for Immigrant Rights is seeking someone to fill the role of Director of Operations for our Memphis office. We would like to find someone who is bi-lingual in English and any other language, is assertive, highly organized, self-driven and motivated with the ability to identify solutions to issues as they arise.
This is a full-time position, to start in the winter of 2023. The Director of Operations will manage the internal affairs of the organization.
- Coordinate the hiring process
- Oversee employee orientation, training, and offboarding
- Oversee payroll and paid time off for all employees
- Manage employee benefits
- Coordinate, train, and manage volunteers and administrative interns
- Oversee organizational finances
- Maintain accurate accounting using Quickbooks Online
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable
- Oversee annual audit and tax filings
- Create quarterly reports
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Keep track of and acknowledge birthdays, anniversaries, or big events of staff
- Ensure the maintenance and organization of data and files
- Maintain and update policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate data capture
- Coordinate the purchase of equipment and materials
- Troubleshoot issues with technology and utilities
- Oversee maintenance and cleanliness of the office
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Supervise operations coordinator
Must have reliable transportation. Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED and at least 4 years of work experience OR a college degree. Required skills include fluency in both English and any other language, intermediate proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word and Excel), Google Suite and QuickBooks.
Advocates for Immigrant Rights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This is not a job offer, merely a description of the position available and employment with Advocates for Immigrant Rights is at will. Applications will be accepted until position filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and resume with three references (name, position, phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advocates for Immigrants Right