(2 Positions: Elementary Math & Secondary ELA)
Memphis Teacher Residency (MTR) recruits, trains, and supports effective teachers within a Christian context. Our mission is to provide students in Memphis neighborhoods with the same, or better, quality of education as is available to any student in our city.
As part of a growing and innovative organization, the Instructional Coach will work under the direction and guidance of the Director of Coaching to provide instructional leadership and support in the form of coaching, evaluating, and encouraging that leads to resident/graduate growth and development. Instructional Coaches also work closely with the Residency Director.
- Master’s degree in education (or willingness to pursue Master’s if Bachelor’s is highest degree), EdD or PhD in education preferred
- Holds or is eligible for a Tennessee teaching license in Elementary with subject matter expertise in Math
- Holds or is eligible for a Tennessee teaching license in K-12 ELA
- 4+ years of teaching experience, in under-resourced schools preferred
- Track record of high-impact teaching, learning, and leadership as demonstrated by student achievement data
- Goal-driven, self-reflective, and analytical problem solver with demonstrated ability to work well on a team
- Strong interest in addressing educational inequality through Christian Community Education
- Willingness to grow in beliefs to center diversity, equity, and inclusion in all professional responsibilities
- Provide coaching and support for designated MTR residents, graduates, and mentors
- Schedule and execute observations and feedback meetings
- Provide lesson plan feedback, co-teaching, live coaching, resource gathering, and other supports
- Provides specific feedback on lesson plans and assessments with students, pedagogy, and content at the forefront.
- Assist teachers with creating a purposeful learning environment that emphasizes building positive relationships and helping teachers establish effective classroom systems
- Assist mentors and residents in the integration of practices from university coursework
- Maintain and model the highest degree of professionalism by reflecting on coaching practice, holding high standards of personal responsibility, and contributing to the broader community.
- Collaborate with the larger Education Team to remain informed on education research, policy, and effective instruction
- Keep residents and mentors accountable for gradual release expectations
- Attend all MTR Staff meetings, New Coach Orientation, and professional development opportunities provided for MTR coaches and/or seek out additional professional development to aid in continued growth
- Use maturities and assessment data to guide all coaching support decisions
- Create measurable and effective goals for residents and graduates
- Maintain documentation of coaching support and calendar
- Present at mentor professional development, MTRU, and/or EdTeam meetings
- Build positive, productive, and professional relationships with residents, graduates, and mentors
- Serve as a MTR liaison at partner schools
- Operate with an asset-based mindset by incorporating DEI within their coaching practice and by celebrating each teacher’s unique nature
- Salary Range $56,000-$65,000
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HRA, IRA, life, and paid time off
- Full-time position with general office hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Local travel and some after-hours events required
- June 1st Start Date