City & State is searching for a Cold Brew Champion, and that may just be you!
On July 6th, roasters from around the region are invited to compete for spectacular prizes and bragging rights as the new Bean Boss. Not much of a barista? No problem! There’ll be food trucks, $3 Wiseacre beer, drink specials, music, and free coffee tastings for you to take advantage of while the pros do their thang.
- When: July 6th (6PM-10PM)
- Where: City and State (2625 Broad Avenue)
- Cost: $15 to compete// free to attend
Competitors are asked to serve a cold brew followed by a signature (non-alcoholic) drink made with the same cold brew. The first 125 attendees have the opportunity to taste the drinks & cast a vote for their faves.
Schedule of events:
- 5:00 pm: Set-up begins. Competitors have one hour to prep their station. This time includes brewing their coffee. Pre-brewed coffee is also allowed: prepping their signature drink: decorating their table, etc.
- 6:00 pm: Competition begins. Competitor’s are “open for business,” serving samples of their cold-brew coffee and signature drinks to the attendees as well as the judges.
- 8:30 pm: Competition ends. Competitors clean up their stations.
- 9:00 pm: Announcement of winners begins.
There will be a panel of judges for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, but also a People’s Choice Award. All competitors will receive a sweet swag bag from the sponsors and partners which include City & State, Intelligentsia, French Truck, Barista Magazine and Sunergos.
- 1st place: $250 cash, Acaia Scale, Sunergos 6-mo Coffee Subscription + much more
- 2nd place: $150 cash, Yama cold brew tower + more
- 3rd place: $100 cash, Fellow Brewer, Fellow Mug + more
- People’s Choice: $100 cash, Baratza Encore + more