Indie Memphis has announced the lineup for the Youth Film Fest featuring Craig Brewer as the keynote speaker, several workshops and speakers, and a screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation.
- When: September 24 at noon
- Where: Halloran Centre at the Orpheum (225 S. Main St, 38103)
- Cost: Free for students through an application
Applications for a free student pass will be reviewed, and it will be ensured that a variety of schools are represented at the festival. Students will know by September 9 if their request was accepted. Since the theater only seats 360, preference is given to students in grades 7 – 12. For those who only want to attend the screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation, $15 tickets are available to the public here.
An awards ceremony will take place that evening, and finalists are competing for the grand prize awarded by the jury of a full-day production package from VIA Productions with equipment and crew, valued at $4,000, plus $500 of cash and an invitation to screen at the Indie Memphis Film Festival. Other awards in different categories will be presented including the Audience Award winner and the short that best represents Memphis. The jury consists of Sena Amengor (Ringling College of Art & Design), Megan Leonard (Seattle International Film Festival), and Meg Moritz (University of Colorado).
Film Fest Lineup:
- NOON Lunch: Movie Trivia Contest & Pizza
- 1:30 pm Keynote Speaker: Storytelling by Craig Brewer
- 2:30 pm Workshop: Acting by Morgan Jon Fox
- Workshop: DIY Filmmaking Tips by Kevin Brooks
- Workshop: Documentary Filmmaking 101 by Justin Thompson
- Workshop: Sound Recording by Stephen Baker
- 3:30 pm Speakers: Indy-pendent Filmmaking by Chris Strompolos & Eric Zala
- Workshop: Camera & Lighting by Ryan Parker & Jordan Danelz
- Speaker: The Power of Music Videos by Rufus Smith
- Screening: International Youth Films Showcase
- 4:30 pm Screening: Memphis Youth Film Competition
- 6:00 pm Taco Dinner
- 7:30 pm AWARDS PRESENTATION
- 7:45 pm Screening: Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation