Who needs Amazon when you have so many amazing businesses right here in the Bluff City?! We’re here to help you make it a home grown holiday season that your family and friends won’t forget:
APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES:
Vintage, modern, sleek, chill. Memphis has got it all when it comes to clothing brands. Give that uncle a neck tie, that cousin a vintage tee, and the newest member of the fam a baby blanket. Terrified to pick out that nephew Johnny’s clothing? Grab a gift card.
- Retrograde Mtn: Vintage tees and hats for those who remember Xena, the Budweiser frogs, and polar bears who drank Coca-Cola
- Cheryl Pesce: They got bracelets for you boo, books for your baby, and all kinds of rings and more for ya mommas
- Denim by LLA: It’s the 80s vintage vibes that keep us coming back.
- Fox Cat Vintage: Someone in your life needs bedazzled handbag from the 80s, a tweed blazer from the 60s, or a tracksuit from the 90s.
- IVbyDavid: Culturally inspired design that speak from the soul.
- Mbabazi House of Style: Fair trade business advocating African designs through modern fashion and quality products
- Mo’s Bows: Bow-ties, pocket squares, and masks from Memphian, Shark Tank fave, and NBA bow-tie designer, Mo.
- Peso the Brand: One of Memphis’ heaviest hitting clothing brands with crazy unique styles and colorways
- Primas Bakery and Boutique: Find something festive for the Latin lover in you life.
- Sputnikclothing: The perfect blend of new styles and vintage feels from designer Micah Givens.
- WYXR 91.7FM: Find something fresh for the local-music lover in your life.
Books are the gift appropriate for all ages, and the staff at these stores know their stuff. Ask them for recommendations and thank us later.
When is the best time to discover joy via entertainment and experiences? During a pandemic. These local faves are a sure hit for your loved ones.
- A Tour of Possibilities: Tickets for incredible Memphis tours including the new Black History Tour
- Beale Street Music Festival: The lineup is here, and someone in your life deserves to go see who’s going to take the stage!
- Civil Axe Throwing: You have the ability to unleash someone’s medieval madness.
- Memphis Escape Rooms; Escape rooms…obvs + socially distanced photo experiences and at-home games for any person or group
- MadAirDecks: Skateboards by a local Memphian and designed by some of Memphis’ finest artists
- Memphis Zoo: For the ones who love our furry friends.
- Museum Memberships: Everyone knows someone whose a little artsy.
- Nail Bar Co.: Ain’t nothin’ like a fresh set.
- Take ’em to the Theatre: For those that live for the drama.
FOOD & DRINK:
Simple syrup for the boozy, chocolates for the fancy, and Memphis-themed goods for all.
- Give the gift of a local brew: Because we’ve got all kinds of local beer for your folks that could use a beveragino.
- Cane & Herb: Simple syrup with a herbaceous twist
- CxffeeBlack: Keep your peeps caffeinated with coffee that’s for the culture.
- City Tasting Boxes: Curated blends of packaged goods from famed Memphis restaurants and chefs, up-and-coming local food artisans, and other Memphis inspired crafts
- Old Dominick: Give a craft spirit to get them in the holiday spirit.
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates: Build your own boxes or pre made boxes (we highly recommend that Taste of Memphis box)
Candles, ornaments, prints, paintings, plants, ceramics, jewelry, stationary, oils….you get the picture. If you’re having a rough time picking out the perfect gift for Aunt Deb, you can go classic with a plant, quirky with an Elvis ornament, or nostalgic with a Christmas candle.
- Archd: Unique Memphis-themed finds like skyline book ends, ornaments, and empowered women stationary
- Bella Vita: Beautiful home goods.
- Buff City Soap: For the ones who to take self-care seriously.
- City & State: While you’re waiting on your cup of coffee, peruse assorted knick-knacks ranging from jewelry and tie clips to puzzles, candles, culinary tools, and more
- Cry Baby Club: The Bluff City artist who feels all the feelings
- Downtown Candle Company: Scents galore (our favorites are Honeysuckle and Pillow Talk!)
- Eso Tolson: From fresh tees to prints that define Memphis colloquialisms, this mane’s got the goods.
- Flashback: Between the Mid Century Modern furniture, the quirky knick knacks, the assortment of vintage clothing, and more, you got OPTIONS!
- Falling Into Place: Gorgeous home and lifestyle items featuring work by local makers and artists all around the country
- Five in One Social Club: Jewelry, stationary, pins and more
- Golden Hour: Items to make green thumbs a little greener.
- Maggies Pharm: The right herb or oil just for you
- Memphis Antique Warehouse Mall: Sift through hidden gems to find a treasure like no other at the shop that’s stocked to the brim with antique and vintage finds.
- Memphis Modern Market– Truly something on-brand for everyone
- New Harbert Candles: Scents that smell like/are named after our favorite places like Shelby Farms, the Peabody, and even Crosstown
- Otherlands: Some of Memphis’ very best coffee and local art
- Paper & Clay: Beautiful and functional ceramics
- Stock & Belle: Clothing, art, and furniture (and a new location too!)
- Terra Cotta Memphis: Handcrafted art, candles, apparel, beauty and wellness products, and more from local makers
- Give the gift of Vinyl: Or CDS, or cassette taps.
- We Tight Knit: Make it personal with chain stitch embroidery
- Whitney Winkler Art: Prints, earrings, Christmas ornaments, bags, coasters, and headbands
2021 is definitely the time to watch out for our non-profits and to give gifts that give back.
- Cazateatro Latinx Culture Box: A Latinx Cultural Box filled with items that represent the Latinx Community and benefit Cazateatro Bilingual Theatre group
- Mighty Lights: Lights on the beloved Memphis bridge that you can dedicate (and help light it up with color) and support Mighty Lights
We loved hearing from you! Comment with more of your favorite small businesses to shop from. You’re helping us check off our holiday shopping lists, and we’re all about that.
Also, if you are looking for local restaurants (food is the way we show love in the South, right?), check out our list here.