Who needs Amazon when you have so many amazing businesses right here in the Bluff City?!
Thanks to the Choose901 Gift-giving Guide, this’ll be a home-grown holiday season your family and friends won’t forget!
Apparel & Accessories
Vintage, modern, sleek, chill. Memphis has got it all when it comes to clothing brands. Give that uncle a neck tie, that cousin a vintage tee, and the newest member of the fam a baby blanket. Terrified to pick out that nephew Johnny’s clothing? Grab a gift card.
- Bad Timing Shop: Vintage store that specializes in t-shirts, sneakers, memorabilia and other relics of past-culture.
- Cheryl Pesce: They got bracelets for you boo, books for your baby, and all kinds of rings and more for ya mommas
- Denim by LLA: It’s the 80s vintage vibes that keep us coming back.
- Fox Cat Vintage: Someone in your life needs bedazzled handbag from the 80s, a tweed blazer from the 60s, or a tracksuit from the 90s.
- IVbyDavid: Culturally inspired designs that speak from the soul.
- Mbabazi House of Style: Fair trade business advocating African designs through modern fashion and quality products
- Mo’s Bows: Bow-ties, pocket squares, and masks from Memphian, Shark Tank fave, and NBA bow-tie designer, Mo.
- Primas Bakery and Boutique: Find something festive for the Latin lover in you life.
- Retrograde Mtn: Vintage tees and hats for those who remember Xena, the Budweiser frogs, and polar bears who drank Coca-Cola
- Slowdown Dry Goods: Athletic Leisure brand from Memphis, Tennessee
- Sputnikclothing: The perfect blend of new styles and vintage feels from designer Micah Givens.
- Unapologetic Garments: The merch division of Unapologetic that encourages authenticity and vulnerability.
- WYXR 91.7FM: Find something fresh for the local-music lover in your life.
Books are the gift appropriate for all ages, and the staff at these stores know their stuff. Ask them for recommendations and thank us later.
Entertainment & Experience
There’s never a bad time to discover joy via entertainment and experiences! These local faves are, for sure, going to be a hit with your homies!
- A Tour of Possibilities: Tickets for incredible Memphis tours including the new Black History Tour
- Beale Street Music Festival: Someone in your life deserves to go see who’s going to take the stage as BSMF returns to Tom Lee Park.
- Civil Axe Throwing: You have the ability to unleash someone’s medieval madness.
- Memphis Escape Rooms: Escape rooms…obvs + socially distanced photo experiences and at-home games for any person or group
- Memphis Zoo: For the ones who love our furry friends.
- Mempho Music Fest: A whole lot of good has come from Mempho Music Fest since its beginning in 2017. We’re talking Janelle Monae, Anderson. Paak, The Raconteurs, Wu Tang Clan, Post Malone, plus plenty more star-studded performers.
- Museum Memberships: Everyone knows someone whose a little artsy.
- Nail Bar Co.: Ain’t nothin’ like a fresh set.
- Take ’em to the Theatre: For those that live for the drama.
Food & Drink
- Give the gift of a local brew: Because we’ve got all kinds of local beer for your folks that could use a beveragino.
- Cane & Herb: Simple syrup with a herbaceous twist
- CxffeeBlack: Keep your peeps caffeinated with coffee that’s for the culture.
- City Tasting Boxes: Curated blends of packaged goods from famed Memphis restaurants and chefs, up-and-coming local food artisans, and other Memphis inspired crafts
- Old Dominick: Give a craft spirit to get them in the holiday spirit.
- Phillip Ashley Chocolates: Build your own boxes or pre made boxes (we highly recommend that Taste of Memphis box)
Home goods & Art
Candles, ornaments, prints, paintings, plants, ceramics, jewelry, stationary, oils….you get the picture. If you’re having a rough time picking out the perfect gift for Aunt Deb, you can go classic with a plant, quirky with an Elvis ornament, or nostalgic with a Christmas candle.
- Amurica: Jamie Harmon’s Memphis Quarantine book would make a great stocking stuffer
- Archd: Unique Memphis-themed finds like skyline book ends, ornaments, and empowered women stationary
- Bella Vita: Beautiful home goods.
- Buff City Soap: For the ones who to take self-care seriously.
- City & State: While you’re waiting on your cup of coffee, peruse assorted knick-knacks ranging from jewelry and tie clips to puzzles, candles, culinary tools, and more
- Cry Baby Club: The Bluff City artist who feels all the feelings
- Downtown Candle Company: Scents galore (our favorites are Honeysuckle and Pillow Talk!)
- Eso Tolson: From fresh tees to prints that define Memphis colloquialisms, this mane’s got the goods.
- Flashback: Between the Mid Century Modern furniture, the quirky knick knacks, the assortment of vintage clothing, and more, you got OPTIONS!
- Falling Into Place: Gorgeous home and lifestyle items featuring work by local makers and artists all around the country
- Five in One Social Club: Jewelry, stationary, pins and more
- Golden Hour: Items to make green thumbs a little greener.
- Maggies Pharm: The right herb or oil just for you
- Memphis Antique Warehouse Mall: Sift through hidden gems to find a treasure like no other at the shop that’s stocked to the brim with antique and vintage finds.
- New Harbert Candles: Scents that smell like/are named after our favorite places like Shelby Farms, the Peabody, and even Crosstown
- Otherlands: Some of Memphis’ very best coffee and local art
- Paper & Clay: Beautiful and functional ceramics
- Stock & Belle: Clothing, art, and furniture (and a new location too!)
- Terra Cotta Memphis: Handcrafted art, candles, apparel, beauty and wellness products, and more from local makers
- Give the gift of Vinyl: Or CDS, or cassette taps.
- We Tight Knit: Make it personal with chain stitch embroidery
- Whitney Winkler Art: Prints, earrings, Christmas ornaments, bags, coasters, and headbands.