Even though Halloween is on October 31, the entire month is packed full of fun ways to celebrate. Check out our list of how you can enjoy the ghostly holiday and get in the spooky spirit.
- Saturday, September 30th through November 4th – Mid-South Haunted Corn – 7 pm to 10 pm – $15
On Friday and Saturday nights in October, actors clad as ghostly apparitions haunt the herbaceous hallways of a spooky tractor ride. A giant jumping pillow launches kids skyward and gently cushions their falls, and a corn cannon fires ears of corn at targets up to 100 yards away. Anyone who hits a target wins a prize from one of the maze’s sponsors and the right to eat nothing but popcorn balls until Thanksgiving. And as always, the haunted Corn Maze is guaranteed to frighten Memphians of all ages.
- Sunday, October 1st – La Caravana Presents: Hallow’s Haflah – 6 pm to 12 am
Join CANVAS of Memphis in celebrating the month of Hallow’s Eve. Art, jewelry, dance, music, Pirates, food, & fun!
- October 1st – November 15 – Jester’s Revenge at Memphis Escape Rooms
Absence, as they say, makes the heart grow fonder. But for one clown with a twisted sense of humor, it only made him darker. After an extended disappearance, Jester the Clown is back. He’s brought a new carnival to town with his own take on all of the classics, and is inviting only the bravest to play his new game.
This escape-room style, Halloween adventure is sure to excite. Inside the Big Top are higher stakes, crazier games, and more tricks than ever. Will you be able to outwit this crazed clown, or will Jester have the last laugh?
- October 4th-31st – MONSTER MARKET – 12 pm to 8 pm
Monster Market is a pop-up retail experience curated by Holtermonster,showcasing odd, creepy, bizarre, dark, frightening, and alternative goods. Don’t forget to check out their grand opening on the 13th and 14th.
- October 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 31, November 3rd & 4th – Hauntedweb of Horrors – 7pm – 10pm on Sundays & Thursdays and 7pm – 12am on weekends
Enjoy five terrifying haunted houses at the hauntedweb of horrors. Each house has a different theme and unique scares. Be there if you dare.
- October 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, 31 – Shadowlands: Festival of Fear – 7pm – 11pm
Back for its 10th year and this season the horrors that haunt Jones’ Corn Maze are ready to consume more than just the maze. Can you make your way through this winding journey alive? Lost in the acres of corn and woods behind Jones’ Orchard hides a horrific secret. This cursed land is swarming with monsters and mayhem. Creatures so terrifying they have resorted to clown masks to hide their mutated faces. Don’t let their friendly disguises fool you! They’re on a bloodthirsty prowl for something to feel the pain they’ve felt. Will you survive the twists and turns of shear horror the Shadowlands have in store for you?
- October 6th-31st – 26 Nights of Fright – open 5:00 pm to 1:00 am nightly
From October 6th-31st Zebra Lounge will be everything Halloween. During the 26 Nights of Fright, there will be spontaneous haunting, creepy cocktail lists, discounts for costumed bodies, and themed parties each week.
- October 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, and 31st – Wicked Ways Haunted House – 7pm-12am on Friday’s & Saturday’s, 7pm-10pm on Thursday’s & Sundays, & 7pm-1am on Halloween
This Halloween season, dare to to enter Memphis’ largest indoor Haunted House. Featuring multiple areas to explore, tickets start at $20 with VIP tickets and group rates available.
- October 7 – November 4th – Le Monster Part Boo – Various times – Free
Memphis College of Art (MCA) presents Le Monster Part Boo, a collaborative exhibition between Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and the MCA community of students, faculty and staff who have reimagined drawings of monsters originally created by the hospital’s child patients. The exhibition will be on view Oct. 7 to Nov. 4 in Rust Hall at MCA. Patient drawings will be displayed alongside the final artworks. A family-friendly, monster-themed celebration of the exhibition will take place Saturday, Oct. 28 from 6–8 p.m. in Rust Hall, and guests are encouraged to wear costumes or monster-themed attire. Candy, crafts, and drinks, too! Gallery hours are Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday, noon – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, October 12 – Haunted Dinner on Stage at The Orpheum – 6pm – $75/person
Get a backstage pass to the Haunted Orpheum at Dinner on Stage. Just in time for Halloween, view the Orpheum Theatre through a haunted lens and dine with the spirits. Learn all about the paranormal activity that has haunted the Orpheum since the 1920s. The evening will include a cocktail reception, a tour of the theatre and backstage, a three-course meal with wine, haunted trivia, and more. You may even experience one of the special Orpheum ghosts for yourself. Tickets are $75 per person, $50 for current season ticket holders, or $550 for a table of 8. The event is limited to 90 guests.
- Thursday, October 12 – Hocus Pocus Trivia at Old Dominick – 7 pm to 9:30 pm – Free
Join Dream Bars to celebrate a favorite fall classic with Hocus Pocus trivia at Old Dominick! Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, along with best team name and best costume. Sign-ups will be released October 2.
- Friday, October 13th – Fright-Day the Thirteenth Outdoor Movie Night – 6 pm to 10:30 pm – Free for members, $10 per car for non-members
This October features a Friday the 13th so why not celebrate by watching some spooky flicks at Shelby Farms Park? The night kicks off with the Disney film Hocus Pocus at 6:15 followed by the 70’s Slasher classic, Friday the 13th at 8 pm. Please note Friday the 13th is rated R. Viewing regulation is at parent’s discretion.
- Friday, October 13th – Friday the 13 Costume Party & Spooky Show – 8 pm to 11 pm – $5
The Hi-Tone will host this night frightfully entertaining night. If you’re a fan of dancing, live music, art giveaways, and people in costume, be sure not to miss it.
- Friday, October 13th – Costume Tour Preview Event – 6 pm to 7:30 pm – $15
Join the Elmwood Cemetery after work on Friday, October 13th for an indoor, seated, and totally air-conditioned version of our incredibly popular Costume Twilight Tour. The costumed residents in the Lord’s Chapel for one evening for this convenient performance. The characters come to you as you enjoy a cushy seat and a beverage bar. You’ll be visited by a political boss, a yellow fever widow, a Peabody Duckmaster, a Big Band leader, and more. Limited seating is available and advance registration is required
- Friday, October 13th – Friday the 13th Party – 7 pm – Free
Rec Room will have the hit Friday the 13th video game up on their screens throughout the night to help celebrate the day of bad luck.
- Friday, October 13th – Haunted Pub Crawl – 7:30 pm to 10 pm – $20 per person (21+ only)
Take a tour this Halloween season of some of the most haunted places in Memphis with an actual paranormal investigator. Drinks available for purchase.
- Friday, October 13th – Riddim Realm Presents: Night of the Living Dread – 9 pm – $5
Celebrate Friday the 13th by jamming out to live reggae music at CANVAS of Memphis featuring artists Kristafar Robbin, Juju Bushman, and Moses Crouch.
- Saturday, October 14th – Shocktober @ The Malco Drive-in – 7 pm – $10
For fans of Halloween films, this is the night for you. Not only will they be showing the classics Psycho, Halloween (1978), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Night of the Living Dead (1968), and Carnival of Souls on the big screen, you’ll be able to enjoy them in the radically throwback setting of a drive-in. So, pack your blankets and get ready for a long night of classic scares and Halloween ambiance.
- Saturday, October 14th – 11th Annual Costume Twilight Tour – lines for tours run 3:30 pm – 5 pm – $20
If you have never visited Elmwood, this tour is the best way to get to know the cemetery. Costumed characters portraying Elmwood residents will introduce you to the history of Memphis’ oldest active cemetery.
- Saturday, October 14th – Hocus Pocus Halloween at Old Dominick – 7 pm to 11 pm – Free
The Black Flame Candle’s burning fat Old Dominick, and they’re celebrating with a shoe-stomping, side-stepping dance party straight out of Salem. Enjoy a costume and karaoke contest with cash prizes, Old Dominick drinks, and a live DJ.
- Saturday, October 14th – Muddy’s BOO-tiful Pumpkin Decorating Party – 10:00 am to 11:00 am – Free
Muddy’s will provide all the supplies you need to spruce up that pumpkin. All you need to do is bring your own pumpkin. This event will be held on the Midtown Muddy’s Lawn.
- Sunday, October 15th – Hocus Pocus Movie Screening and Pumpkin Party – 11 am to 5 pm – Free
Old Dominick will host a Hocus Pocus weekend with a good old fashioned movie screening and pumpkin party! You bring the pumpkins and the paint and the carving tools will be provided. Watch Hocus Pocus on downtown Memphis’ best roof, so you can sip a custom themed cocktail, carve a spooky pumpkin, and watch a Halloween classic while feeling the fall breeze.
- Sunday, October 15th – Painting with a Purpose – 2 pm to 4 pm – $35 per seat
Join House of Mews for a fun, Halloween themed painting class!
- Sunday, October 15th – Pumpkin Carving Competition Party – 4 pm to 9 pm
Bring your own pumpkin and tools to Lucchesi’s Beer Garden for a Carving Contest! Compete for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (with a special nod given to the worst entry) in a fun, festive environment.
- Tuesday, October 17th – The Walking Dead Trivia & Costume Contest – 7 pm to 10 pm – Free (18+)
Midtown Crossing Grille, Rec Room, and CANVAS of Memphis will all be hosting Walking Dead costume and trivia parties the night of the 17th. The events are free but you must reserve your spot online first.
- Wednesday, October 18th – Nightmare Before Christmas Trivia in Memphis – 7 pm to 9 pm – Free
Fan of Tim Burton’s Halloween classic? Test your knowledge at a Nightmare Before Christmas trivia night at LBOE and The Casual Pint Highland Row. This event is free but you must make a reservation to attend.
- Thursday, October 19th – Beetlejuice Movie Night – 7 pm to 8:30 pm – Free
Join the Levitt Shell in watching this Halloween classic. Food trucks and concessions will be available for purchase.
- Friday, October 20th – Boo Grass Family Festival – 5 pm to 9 pm – Free
Join Collierville United Methodist for a fun night filled with bounce houses, a rock wall, food trucks, local craft vendors, trunk or treat, and live music.
- October 20th, 21st, 27th & 28th – Shelby Forest Trail of Terror and Harvest Fest – $10 (for trail of terror) – 7 pm Fridays & 6 pm Saturdays
Come out to Shelby Forest for a night of frights! There will also be a Harvest Fest for the kids with a hay maze, pumpkins, face paintings, and candy.
- October 20th-22nd and 27th-31st – Zoo Boo – 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm – $10 to $12 for members and $12 to $15 for non-members
Join the Memphis Zoo for their annual ZOO BOO celebration. Mazes, hayrides, candy stations and more will be ready for guests to enjoy along with the exhibits!
Support Le Bonheur and those they serve by participating in the Le Bonheur Pumpkin Run 5k & Family Walk! Participants are highly encouraged to dress up in their Halloween costumes and enjoy the post-race Boo Bash, which will includes entertainment, food and activities for kids of all ages.
- Saturday, October 21st – VolleyBOO! Halloween Tournament – 10 am to 8 pm – $25
Come join 901Volleyball & Railgarten for their last volleyball tournament of the 2017 season! Ticket info here.
- Saturday, October 21st – Woodruff Fontaine House Ghost Tour – 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm – $25 per person
Take an especially spooky tour of the haunted Victorian Village Mansion with an experience paranormal investigator and learn of the history of this 1871 mansion.
- Saturday, October 21st – Costumes and Cocktails Benefiting the Lupus Foundation of America – 7 pm to 12 am – $45 to $55 (21+ only)
Purpose Parties will host a Costumes and Cocktails party featuring hor d’oeuvres from Laura’s Kitchen, signature mixed beverages from Cocktail Cuties and our Vodka Sponsor Myles Premium Select, a tribute to the Beautiful One, Prince, from The J. Buck Experience, Beleaf Cigar Co., DJ Flame in the Silent Disco Room, and DJ Dr. Boogie. Tickets include delicious hors d’oeuvres and 2 signature beverages. The two best costume will receive prizes!
- Saturday, October 21st – Pumpkin Carving At Next Door Crosstown Concourse – Seating’s at 3 pm and 5 pm – $10
Join the Crosstown community for their pumpkin carving event. They have pumpkins and a carving kit for you. They will clean up so be as creative with your carving as you want!
- Saturday, October 21st – Fall Fun Fest, Fun Run & 5k – 8:30 am to 2 pm – $20 to $25
Join the Collierville Education Association for their 5K, Family-fun run, and Fall-Fun fest complete with food, trick or treating, and pet costume contests!
- Saturday, October 21st – Agricenter Harvest Festival – 10 am to 2 pm – FREE
The Agricenter will once again host their Harvest Festival complete with pumpkin paintings, arts and crafts, hayrides, food, and bluegrass music.
- Saturday, October 21st – Boo-Out: A Highland Halloween – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – FREE
This year’s event features a trunk-or-treat, inflatables, games, a fortune teller, hayrides, campfires, food and more!
- Wednesday, October 25th – Stranger Things Trivia Night – 7 pm to 9 pm – FREE
Visit LBOE of The Casual Pint Highland Row for a night of Stranger Things trivia and a costume party to celebrate Halloween and of course, Stranger Things Season 2. The even is free but you must make a reservation if you want to attend.
- Wednesday, October 25th – Nerd Nite 10 – 7 pm to 10 pm
Join Rec Room for a night of sword fighting, mead tasting, and of course, a costume contest!
- Thursday, October 26th – Hocus Pocus Trivia Night – 6:30 pm to 10 pm – FREE
A fan of Hocus Pocus? Head to Pimentos Kitchen + Market, The Arcade Restaurant, or Memphis Made Brewing for a night of Hocus Pocus trivia and a costume party. The event is free but you must make a reservation if you want to attend.
- Friday, October 27 – Spirits With The Spirits Party at Elmwood Cemetery – 7pm – $70 per body, $125 per couple
Glasses are raised, fallen trees rise again as art, high notes rise and high steps go down, and – truth be told – fortunes rise and fall in the storied dark. Cost is $70 per body, $125 per couple. Three beverage tickets are included per body. The Spirits With The Spirits is a lively event, with food and drink, tarot card readers and wagon rides, live music and more. A silent auction takes place during the event, and Elmwood is fortunate to count among its supporters the individuals who are represented here. This is a “rain or shine” event. Tickets are non-refundable. Dress is Black & White casual, costumes and characters most welcome.
- Friday, October 27th – The Witch’s Dungeon – 9 pm to 1 am – $30
Join the Mystic Krewe of Pegasus for their third annual Halloween Party – The Witch’s Dungeon. Costume contest at midnight. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and admission includes food and an open bar. Entertainment will be surprise guests and performances throughout the night. All proceeds will benefit their 2017-18 charity, The Metamorphosis Project.
- Friday, October 27th – Family Fall Fest – 5:30 pm to 9 pm – $5 (kids 2 and under are free)
Come out to Hope Presbyterian for their annual Family Fall Fest full of fun games, inflatables, music, food, candy and more.
- Friday, October 27th – Two Rivers Halloween Party – 6 pm to 10 pm
Come out to Two Rivers Bookstore if you need any last minute costumes for Halloween. The available costumes, wigs, boots, headbands, and etc. are handmade locally and one of a kind.
- Saturday, October 28th – CYCFM Annual Doggie-BOO-Looza – 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Fall Photo Booth, Pumpkin Decorating, Games for the kids, local animal businesses at the market, live music, food truck, your usual favorite market vendors, and The Three Kings will be performing.
- Saturday, October 28th – CYCA Movie Halloween Party – 5:30 pm to 7 pm
Join CYCA for a Halloween Party featuring “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”. Snacks and party favors will be provided to go along with the movie. This event is open to all ages and costumes are encouraged!
- Saturday, October 28th – HattiBoo: A Free Haunted Theatre Experience – 6 pm to 9 pm
Come out to Hattiloo and tour the pay-what-you-want haunted theatre complete with Egor impersonations and thematic music…if you dare. Kids are welcome but the haunted tour is ages 13 and up.
- Saturday, October 28th – Loflin (Grave)Yard – 12 pm to 12 am
Celebrate Halloween at Loflin Yard with a DJ in the Coach House, a costume contest at 9 pm, prizes for winners, and spooky specials. Bring a decorated/carved Jack-O’-Lantern to the Yard by the 28th to get a spooky treat. No cover. A small batch of Halloween cocktails and the yard will be decorated.
- Saturday, October 28th – Halloween-Tini Martini Tasting – 8 pm to 1 am – $45 per person (21+ only)
Enjoy 6 Martini samples & a 6-8oz Martini of your choice, h’ordeuvres, desserts & LIVE entertainment included with your ticket purchase. Costumes are heavily encouraged.
- Saturday, October 28th – 3rd Annual Sinners for Saints Ball – 9 pm – 3 am – $50 online and $60 at the door
Dance the night away at Stop 345 with DJ SuperBrad and the legendary 80’s rock tribute band, AQUANET, chill in the all acoustic Indoor Trailer Park Voodoo Lounge with Charvey Mac, or perform yourself at Brinson’s with all night karaoke with DJ Lil’ Eggroll. The Amurica photo booth will be available for free all night to go along with a complimentary beer, an open bar with a wide variety of drinks, and plenty of food provided by local favorite restaurants. Also, there will be a huge costume contest with over $1000 worth of prizes so be sure to dress in your best outfits. All proceeds to benefit The Church Health Center.
- Saturday, October 28th – Spaceface Halloween /China Gate/Harlan/Love Bomb Go Go/Louise Page – 7 pm to 11 pm – $10 in advance and $12 at the door
The annual Spaceface Hi-Tone party is back again, and you will want to be sure not to miss it. The night will be filled with silver space aliens, art vendors, confetti, bouncy castles, and a costume contest with prizes from several local favorites. Come see the Hi-Tone as you have never seen it. The venue will be decked out with all sorts of space creatures, ghouls, and spooks. This year Spaceface is helping donate to Sister Supply by taking donations of menstruation products at the door. There will also be a costume contest with prizes donated from local businesses and restaurants. To enter the costume contest you must bring a donation for Sister Supply of menstruation productions to the door. Art vendors will be set up in the Big Room or outside (weather permitting), and the food vendors will be outside with a bounce house. Vendors include Jess Kirk, Anna Craig, Cry Baby Club, Pretty Useful, Gum Soul Printing, and Claire Faulhaber of Underground Art. The Amazing Bently Burns will be performing feats of magic and tricks all night long.
- Saturday, October 28th – Flick-or-Treat at the Garden – 5 pm to 9 pm – $8 for members and $10 for non-members
Gates open 5pm. Trick or Treat through My Big Backyard 5pm to 7pm. Movie begins at 7:15. Come in your creepiest costume, grab a blanket or chair, and come to the Live Garden for a double feature of fun. Little ghosts and goblins will scream with delight at the treat stations and activities before Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown shows at 7:15 pm. At 7:45pm, the witches take flight at the showing of Hocus Pocus. Kettle corn, food truck concessions, photo ops, and adult spirits will be available throughout the evening. No outside food, please. MBG members $8/non-members $10 at the gate, includes one or both films and all activities.
- Saturday, October 28th – Stranger Things Dance Party – 7 pm to 2 am – FREE
Enjoy live 80’s music and an awesome Stranger Things environment hosted by Rec Room! Dance the night away in the Upside Down for free.
- Saturday, October 28th – The TaKeOver: Halloween Edition – 7 pm to 2 am – FREE
The TaKeOver brings you their 5th annual Halloween party at Side Street Grill. There will be a costume party and great festive atmosphere.
- Saturday, October 28th – Alice in Daisyland: Halloween w/ The Crystal Method – 10 pm to 3 am – $10 to $20 (18+ only)
Celebrate Halloween at the New Daisy featuring The Crystal Method, Defcon Engaged, DJ Tree, and Scotty B.
- Saturday, October 28th – ILC Trunk or Treat – 4 pm to 6 pm – Free
Immanuel will be hosting this trunk or treat party that is open to all. There will be decorated trunks and trailers with free candy for children, pumpkin chunkin’, a balloon guy, and more. To partake, you can register here.
- Saturday, October 28th – 3rd Annual Black October – 10 pm to 1 am – Free
The Collective hosts this Halloween weekend gathering featuring live DJ’s and drinks. Costumes encouraged.
- Saturday, October 28th – Le Monster, Part Boo! – 6 pm to 8 pm – Free
A family-friendly, monster-themed celebration of the Le Monster exhibit will take place Saturday, Oct. 28 from 6–8 p.m. at Rust Hall, and guests are encouraged to wear costumes or monster-themed attire. Crafts, candy, and drinks will be available.
- Saturday, October 28th – Rock-n-Romp: It’s Alive! – 2 pm to 5 pm – $5
Enjoy a rock-n-roll show featuring Cassette Set, The Stereograms, and Cloudland Canyon, beer provided by Memphis Made Brewing, and snacks available from Lynnie’s Links & Drinks and MEMPops.
- Saturday, October 28th – Trunk or Treat on Tillman Street
Join United Way of the Mid-South for the annual ” Trunk or Treat on Tillman Street” Fall Festival. This is a fun-filled family event with face painters, bouncy houses, candy, game stations, free food, trunk contests, prizes and more.
- Sunday, October 29th – Howl-O-Ween – 3 pm
Head to Loflin Yard to enjoy a family friendly costume contest for your pet! Stop by the Hollywood Feed tent to register your four legged family member for the contest starting at 3:00pm.
- October 13th, and 27th-29th – Boos and Booze – 8:45 pm – $35 (21+ only)
Enjoy Halloween themed pub crawls with Backbeat Tours and Sprock n’ Roll Memphis.
- Monday, October 30th – Trunk or Treat at Emmanuel – 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Free – $5 per dinner plate
Bring the kids to Trunk or Treat dressed up in their Halloween costumes for games and trick or treating complete with dinner, inflatables and hay rides.
- Tuesday, October 31st – Vine to Wine, Spooky Spirits – 6 pm to 9 pm – $30 for members and $45 for non-members
Join the Memphis Botanic Garden in Celebrating Halloween indulging in adult “spirits” and frighteningly-delicious hors d’oeuvres. Costumes are encouraged, so dress accordingly!
- Tuesday, October 31st – Horror Movie Trivia & Costume Contest in Memphis – 7 pm to 9 pm
Celebrate Halloween by playing Horror Movie Trivia in Memphis at the Midtown Crossing Grill and the CANVAS of Memphis (18+). Come dressed as your favorite Horror Movie character. Since it is Halloween, each location is going to have a costume contest too. This event is free but you must make a reservation.
- Tuesday, October 31st – Booffalo Bash at Shelby Farms Park – 5 pm to 8 pm – Free for members and $10 for non-members.
Be sure to join Shelby Farms this Halloween for a night of fun and festive Halloween activities featuring Safe Trunk or Treating, Boo-ffalo Bob Photo Booth, Nocturnal Nature Hikes, Stargazing, Birds of the Night Demonstrations, Pumpkin Painting, Campfire Story-telling + S’More Making with Kitchenette, Food Trucks, and plenty of Music.
- Tuesday, October 31st – Halloween – An Annual Mollie Fontaine Lounge Event – 8 pm to 3 am – $10 (21+)
The Mollie Fontaine Lounge is having its annual Halloween Party! Costumes are not required but definitely encouraged.
- Tuesday, October 31st – Crosstown Trunk-or-Treat – 4 pm to 7 pm – Free
Join Crosstown Arts for a family-friendly Halloween event. Cars will be parked on the Crosstown Plaza and volunteers will be handing out candy.
- Tuesday, October 31st – Halloween Trunk and Treat – 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm – Free
Enjoy free candy in the parking lots of Bluff City Coffee and Young Avenue Deli.