Make-A-Wish Mid-South’s 9th Annual Wine for Wishes is coming up on February 8th at The Cadre Building.
Wine for Wishes is hosted by Make-A-Wish Mid-South’s Associates Board, a group of local young professionals who support Make-A-Wish Mid-South’s mission through development centric events. Each year, they host the wine tasting event to engage more young professionals to let them know about the work that Make-A-Wish does in and around Memphis to inspire kids and families. This year’s party at the beautiful Cadre Building includes live music, a wine pull, a silent auction, catering from Chef Kelly English’s Iris Etc. Catering, & a plethora of wines for your enjoyment.
Early bird tickets are on sale now for $50 until January 15th. Don’t forget, tickets are only available in advance and won’t be sold at the door. Get tickets here.
What You’re Supporting When You Party
You may already know that Make-A-Wish grants wishes for children with critical illnesses all over the country — making their dreams to go, to meet, to be, or to have — a reality. The average cost of a wish is $8,392.98. All expenses associated with a wish are covered by Make-A-Wish, and in the Mid-South specifically, Make-A-Wish will grant more than 280 unique wishes this year.
Every wish carries transformative power. Per Make-A-Wish, a recent study has confirmed that wish experiences are more than just a nice gift, they play a key role in a child’s journey back to health. Wishes create positive emotions and hope for their future, equipping children to better fight against their critical illnesses. When you give to wishes, you’re giving to something that’s making a huge difference for kids in our community.
There are multiple ways you can help Make-A-Wish Mid-South deliver for kids:
You can refer a child for a wish! If you know a child with a critical illness, referring them for a wish takes just a few minutes. Call the Make-A-Wish Mid-South office at 901.680.9474 or email midsouth.wish.org to start the process.
Make-A-Wish has five kinds of volunteers. Pretty much anyone over the age of 18 can volunteer in any of these capacities:
- Event volunteers: Help at various Make-A-Wish events, including the next Wine for Wishes.
- Wish granter: These are the volunteers that are actually meeting wish kids, hearing about their wishes and helping to craft special wish reveals for them!
- Translator: Help Make-A-Wish in translating materials from English to Spanish.
- Airport greeter: Meet wish families at the airport and escort them to their flight to be sure they’re all set. Many wish families have never flown before.
- Fundraising volunteer: These are people who host events, and rally groups to fundraise to grant wishes.
Make-A-Wish Mid-South also needs more than 10 million air miles each year for wishes involving travel. You can donate Delta, United, American or JetBlue miles at midsouth.wish.org.