It’s time to put action behind your support. Explore Bike Share is looking for people interested in pledging their membership!
Explore Bike Share is ready to get going, but as you can see, it can’t roll without you. This is meant to benefit our entire community with stations in the many diverse parts of our city. Details for times/locations of demo stations from July 26th – 29th where you can Explore Bike Share for yourself are below:
- Tuesday, July 26th
- Wednesday, July 27
- Thursday, July 28
- Friday, July 29
- 11-2 p.m. FedExForum for Food Truck Friday
You don’t have to wait to join! Pledge your founding membership now at explorebikeshare.com for just $15/month. Sponsorships are also available for businesses.
What you can do:
- Come to one of the demo station exhibitions (see above for schedule)
- Take photos/video and share on social with #SeeMoreInMemphis and #Choose901 (there will be a snapchat filter at each event)
- Share how you plan to use bike share with #seemoreinmemphis. One selected daily winner (from July 27-29) will be announced as the recipient of a lifetime bike share membership.
- Pledge your support as a member, sponsor, or even pay it forward to a friend!
- Monthly user memberships are $15/month.
- A “pay it forward” annual membership donates the transportation and health care benefits of bike share to a Memphian in need for $200/year.
- Individuals can even pledge to “adopt a bike,” which offers an engraved name or quote on a bike share bike.
- Anticipate an early 2017 launch.
Partnerships will include:
- Carpenter Art Garden – group rides, workforce development, bike education & safety
- City of Memphis, Bike/Ped Program Manager – bike education and safety, infrastructure, siting process
- Community LIFT – civic investment, siting
- The Works, CDC – workforce development, bike education, healthy food access
- Livable Memphis – urban planning, placemaking, bike education and programming
- Knowledge Quest – bike education, healthy advocacy, group rides
- Mayor’s Innovation Team – transportation and shared mobility
- Mid-South Greenprint – fitness access, environmental advocacy
- Memphis Medical Center – health advocacy
- Revolutions Bicycle Co-op – family group rides, bike education and safety