Freewheel launches its third season of rides this fall on 10/11.
Freewheel, the community bicycling program of the Memphis Medical District Collaborative (MMDC), will host rides every Wednesday for six consecutive weeks. Freewheel’s “slow rides” provide an opportunity to casually explore neighborhoods by bike with friends and other riders. The series creates connections among participants while introducing new and thriving treasures throughout the Medical District.
Each Freewheel ride departs at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays from 603 Monroe Avenue and explores a specific neighborhood of Memphis.
Here’s the Fall 2017 Freewheel rides schedule:
- Wednesday, October 11 – Memphis Medical District
- Wednesday, October 18 – Martyrs Park
- Wednesday, October 25 – Elmwood Cemetery
- Wednesday, November 1 – Vance, Peabody & Annesdale
- Wednesday, November 8 – Downtown Memphis
- Wednesday, November 15 – Uptown
Each ride lasts about 45 minutes. You can bring your own bikes, or you can borrow a bike from the MMDC fleet. Bikes will be available on a first come, first served basis. Riders who wish to borrow from the fleet should arrive by 5:30 p.m. to get fitted for a bike.