Does your small business need a little extra assistance in the dollar department? Well, FedEx has launched their 2021 Small Business Grant Contest, presenting an opportunity for local entrepreneurs to score some major coins. I’m talking a collective prize pool of over $250,000!
“Running a small business isn’t easy, and this year, it’s been tougher than ever, which is why FedEx continues to champion and support these entrepreneurs,” said Jenny Robertson, senior vice president of Integrated Marketing and Communications at FedEx. “Whether they use the money to build a better website or to buy new equipment, we want to help them write the next chapter of their story. When it comes to helping small businesses succeed, we always want to be part of that story.”
Since it’s beginning in 1971, FedEx has played a part in helping businesses from all over the country. Their launch of the Small Business Grant Contest in 2013 has captured the attention of 42,000 U.S. businesses alone. The contest has now grown from one country to 7 countries, and the grant pool for the U.S. contest has grown from $50,000 to more than $250,000 in total prizes.
From now until March 9th, business owners can submit their entries for public voting which will take place March 10 – March 24.
Be sure your business meets the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. based, for-profit business with shipping needs
- Can have no more than 99 employees
- Must have been in operation for six months or more as of February 16, 2021
From there, 100 finalists will be chosen, and granted access to:
- One-on-one financial coaching by Accion Opportunity Fund
- Up to three webinars on Initiative for a Competitive Inner City’s online platform
- Mentor matching with SCORE
- Finalists will also be granted attendance to the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City’s National Conference.
Following a judging period, the 12 winners will be announced here on May 10th!
The 2021 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest prize packages include:
- Grand prize: One (1) winner of $50,000, plus $7,500 in FedEx Office print and business services
- 2nd Place: One (1) winner of $30,000, plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
- 3rd Place: Ten (10) winners of $15,000, plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
In addition to the earnings mentioned above, one of the winners will be recognized with the “Veteran-Owned Business Award Winner” to reflect the company’s commitment to support U.S. military veterans—and one of the 3rd Place prize winners will receive the “Entrepreneur Choice Award Winner,” a distinction bestowed by the FedEx Entrepreneur Advisory Board, which is comprised of former grant winners and small business owners from around the country.
It’s been a minute since a local business was selected as a winner, and we’re not the only ones who want to help change that!
Need help growing your small business? Enter the 9th annual @FedEx Small Business Grant Contest for your chance at $50k.
🔗: https://t.co/zmatuqPyAU pic.twitter.com/I47wMnnxuq
— Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) February 26, 2021