Who knew reading could be so beneficial to your Memphis experience?
Thanks to Explore Memphis, your library card gives you access to so much more than just thousands of books, music, dvds, and library resources. From June 1st through July 31st it also gives you access to some of Memphis’s coolest attractions for the summer! How awesome, right? A few freebies up the pipeline for Explore Memphis participants are free museum admission, swag giveaways, courses offered by community sponsors, and several other perks including:
- National Civil Rights Museum: $2 discount on admission in June
- The Withers Collection: Free admission
- Memphis Brooks Museum of Art: Free admission
- Belz Museum: Free admission
- Dixon Gallery & Gardens: Free admission
- Sun Studio: Discounted admission ($7)
- The Woodruff Fontaine House Museum: Free admission
- Metal Museum: Free admission
- Cotton Museum: Free admission
Find Your Local Library
Looking to see what your neighborhood library is up to for Explore Memphis? Here’s a map of all our library locations, including addresses, phone numbers, hours, and listings of events.
For Children and Pre-Readers
Storytimes, live theater, leather-stamping–we have a variety of spectacular events happening for kids. You can find our children events and activities calendar here.
Explore Memphis is your free ticket to a summer full of reading and loads of fun activities for teens. Robotics, recording studios, freestyle contests–there’s a lot to look forward to. Check out all you can do this summer here.
Explore Memphis isn’t only for kids. Dive into a summer of book talks with Memphis authors, discussions about fake news versus real news, and programs on how to remain healthy and fit as we age. You can join the fun and find out more here.