Coinciding with National Bike Month, Explore Bike Share has announced their roll-out event happening this May!
They have partnered with the Downtown Memphis Commission to host a free celebration at Court Square Center on May 23. At the event, they will be honoring and recognizing partners, funders and sponsors, ambassadors and spokespeople across all neighborhoods and sectors.
At the conclusion of the event, volunteers will then ride the 600 bike fleet to the 60 stations across the city. Membership is also open with rates for daily rides all the way up to year long subscriptions. Be sure to take part in this great day for the city of Memphis!
The time is now for every individual and organization to take advantage of the benefits that come with this dynamic new asset for Memphis. We’re ready for Explore Bike Share to officially roll in with a robust introduction and collective of partners and people.” – Trey Moore, Executive Director of Explore Bike Share
- When: Wednesday, May 23rd, 9:30 am to 11 am
- Where: Court Square Center, 62 N Main St
- This event is free to attend
- Join the event page for updates
- Sign up for your neighborhood preference, and a station will be assigned to you for the morning of Wednesday, May 23. Community volunteers will ride the system’s fleet from their Uptown warehouse at 61 Keel Avenue to Court Square; and after the celebration, group rides will distribute bikes in a “station migration” as assigned.