Tom Lee Park Grand Opening
The new Tom Lee Park will officially open after a Grand Opening Celebration on Labor Day Weekend! This has been two years in the making and we couldn’t be more excited about how this new civic jewel will bring residents and visitors, from all walks of life, together along the Memphis Riverfront.
Here’s a quick preview of what you can expect to experience upon the official opening:
- Carlisle Cutbank Bluff – ADA accessible north entrance to the park down the bluff.
- AutoZone Plaza – featuring misting fountains perfect for Memphis summer days.
- First Horizon Sunset Deck – take in a beautiful sunset sitting steps away from the Mississippi river.
- Sunset Canopy named in honor of Tyre Nichols – a community gathering space for concerts, basketball, fitness activities and more.
- Three sprawling lawns for community activities and enjoyment.
- Dedicated fitness area sponsored by Campbell Clinic
- More than 1,000 trees planted by Valero
- Food & Drink Pavilions – three amazing vendors will be in park almost year-round.
- River Play playground – designed by world-renowned playground authority
- Buckman Outdoor Classroom – where the eco-learning will never stop.
And so much more! Keep an eye out for details on the Grand Opening and learn about Tom Lee Park 2.0 at tomleepark.org.