JA Inspire presented by Junior Achievement of Memphis and the Mid-South
JA Inspire is an immersive career exploration event for 8th and 9th graders designed for students to learn about and gain exposure to multiple career pathways and industries across the Mid-South including:
- Agriculture, food and natural resources
- Architecture and construction
- Arts, A/V technology and communication
- Health science
- Hospitality and tourism
- Transportation, distribution and logistics
The JA Inspire experience is designed to reach all children in the 25-county area that Junior Achievement of Memphis and the Mid-South serves. With a focus on fast-growing careers and emerging technologies, this educational event gives students an in-depth look into a variety of career opportunities that are aligned with their interests, skills, and talents.
JA Inspire provides a creative look at various job options through a combination of classroom learning and robust, interactive job exploration. The JA Inspire program brings together the business community and local schools to help launch students into high school, college and careers beyond. Simply, this event offers students the opportunity to learn about careers directly from industry leaders in time to prepare themselves for life after high school graduation. Exhibitors will include St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Baptist Medical Group, Southwest Tennessee Community College, University of Memphis, Memphis Association of Journalism, Umami Food Consulting, Tennessee College of Applied Technology, Drum Major Productions, Innovative Counseling & Consulting, and many more!
JA Inspire will:
- Introduce students to the vast industries and career opportunities available in the region
- Train students in the soft skills needed to thrive in these careers
- Educate students on the varied pathways to successfully launch into those careers
During the experience, JA Inspire will take students on a journey to better understand the thousands of career opportunities that make it possible to:
- Bring a meal from Farm to Table
- Take a product from Design to Production
- Move a student athlete from Injury to Rehabilitation
- Launch a song from Studio to Stadium
At Junior Achievement, we believe it’s critical to introduce our community’s learners to these opportunities early. Now is the time for us to come together as a community to excite and train our children to join our region’s economy as thriving participants.
View the JA Inspire highlight reel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOG2xRYusw.
- Administrators and/or teachers who wish to register students for JA Inspire may do so at www.juniorachievementinspire.org or directly at https://form.jotform.com/220248648027153.
- Volunteers may register online at https://volunteermemphis.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=679691 or directly at https://form.jotform.com/220536427904152.
- Exhibitors may register online at https://form.jotform.com/220864189492062.
ABOUT: Junior Achievement of Memphis and the Mid-South empowers children to be world ready and engaged members of their communities so that they may lead independent lives. For more information, visit www.jamemphis.org.