INDIE MEMPHIS FILM FESTIVAL SCREENING: National Music Videos
11 Music Videos:
“LAME” BY POWERSNAP
- A true love story that came out really LAME, inspired by old school arcade games.
“XOPA” BY MAKING MOVIES
- Psychedelic Panamanian rock band Making Movies have let fame go to their head. But they are cosmically punished for their hubris while traveling by private plane to their next gig. The airplane goes down and crashes in the desert. But instead of burning with the wreckage, they rise from the ashes and live to tell the tale. Como ave de mal agüero, nunca morire. Viajero sin ruta o puerto nunca morire.
“I. THE VOID” BY SHOVEL
- An acid trip takes an eerie turn during a heavy metal apartment gig.
“VACANT SPACES” BY JOE BAUGHMAN AND THE RIGHTEOUS FEW
- Trapped in a cave with a kappa, Joe longs for the world above.
- Made with home movies from the Prelinger Archives, painted film leader, and VHS footage, “Big Oak Tree” by Lush is the psychedelic road trip you’ve always dreamed of taking. Follow Lush on Spotify to continue your experimental music odyssey!
- An exploration into the human soul and what it means to experience pain, death, life and joy in this world together.
“QUIET NIGHTS” BY THE BURNING YOUNG
- A young man, Thomas, who returns to his childhood home after finding out his father has passed. Told through a narrative lens, Thomas becomes trapped in the house and must confront his abusive relationship with his father.
“STRESS DREAMS” BY GREENSKY BLUEGRASS
- A hero journeys to a distant mountain to obtain a gem.
“PARTY ANTHEM” BY SLOPPY JANE
- A concert for an audience of one inside a cave.
- In a music video for her new single, ‘Don’t Deserve This,’ Yasmina, feeling often unheard in her relationship, starts her own one woman show.
- A protest against climate change inaction, a plethora of clueless party people is slowly drowning into a black toxic substance, and music, entertainment and celebrations continue till the very end.