The East Buntyn Historic District will host the eighth annual East Buntyn ArtWalk on April 29, 2017, with a rain date of April 30.
This annual event features regional artists in an open-air bazaar of galleries set up in the front yards and porches of the historic East Memphis neighborhood. The outdoor galleries will display and sell work by neighborhood residents, as well as pieces by artists from around the Mid-South. Over 60 artists will showcase watercolors, oil paintings, photography, pottery, textiles, woodworking, jewelry, stained glass, and more.
The hub of ArtWalk, and the best starting place, is St. James Church. Located at 461 S. Prescott, the church is at the heart of the neighborhood, which is bordered by Central and Southern Avenues and Highland and Greer Streets. At the hub, visitors will find free maps pinpointing their favorite artists and their work. The headquarters will also host a silent auction tent, a children’s entertainment booth, continuous live entertainment from local musicians, and local food trucks.
The East Buntyn ArtWalk is free of charge, kid-friendly, pet-friendly, and people-friendly. Guests are encouraged to purchase signature 2017 East Buntyn ArtWalk wine glasses at the St. James headquarters to use to enjoy complimentary beverages and appetizers at the galleries.
- When: April, 29, 2017 (rain date for April 30th); 1pm-7pm
- Where: The East Buntyn Historic District (bordered by Central, Southern, Highland, and Greer (hub/central headquarters will be at St. James Church, 461 S. Prescott)
- Food: Food trucks include Lickety Split, El Mero Taco, Stick Em, Joy Ride Latin Eats, Crepe Maker, and Say Cheese
- Entertainment: The 2017 music line-up features Hank and Nora, the Renault Brothers, and Tequila Mockingbird
- Social Media Scavenger Hunt: The EBAW will be hosting a scavenger hunt contest to give away 2 signature wine glasses, plus a handmade wreath by local artist Cheyenne Cartwright.
- To enter just go to the Art Walk, take photos, and post them on Twitter and/or Instagram using both tags #choose901 and #EBArtWalk. A winner will be randomly selected and notified for prize pickup.
Sponsoring partners for East Buntyn ArtWalk 2017 are University Neighborhood Development Corporation (UNDC), Highland Area Renewal Corporation (HARC), and St. James Anglican Church. The 2017 East Buntyn ArtWalk is funded in part by an Arts Build Communities grant — a program funded by the Tennessee General Assembly & administered in cooperation with the Tennessee Arts Commission and ArtsMemphis.