Looking for places to disc golf? Memphis has plenty of options.
All around Memphis, people are beginning to take part in a little known sport: Frisbee Golf. It has the same basic rules as regular ball golf, however it is immensely easier to pick up. You can easily start with one mid-range disc and work your way up to drivers, putters, and every variation in-between. But, before you get started, you’ll need to find a disc golf course. Luckily, Memphis has plenty of courses that have popped up and been refurbished by the Memphis Area Disc Golf Club in the last few years. To find the closest course to you, scroll down this list.
Shelby Farms Park: (6903 Great View Drive North, Memphis, TN 38120)
- 19 holes.
- The 19th hole is positioned right after hole 8 so you can enjoy a quick front 9 without traversing too far from the parking lot. Great if you are in a time-crunch.
- Wide variety of holes: Open fields, water hazards, and wooded areas. This variety adds great change of pace and requires different types of challenging throws.
- Concrete tee pads that are well kept.
- Features beautiful scenery and is easily accessible.
Liberty Land: (1047 Early Maxwell Blvd, Memphis, TN 38104)
- 18 holes.
- Located adjacent to the Liberty bowl in the old Liberty Land grounds.
- Is a large and mostly open course with a few trees, great for beginners.
- Rubber tee pads with the hole number painted on them.
Johnson Road Park in Germantown: (2970 Johnson Rd, Germantown, TN 38139)
- 18 holes. Most feature A and B baskets with different starting points for added variety and challenge depending on your skill.
- Features wooded areas and open areas surrounding a lake.
- This is a challenging course. Most of the holes wrap around a small lake. Those with high skill are rewarded for great throws across the lake. However, amateurs run the risk of losing discs in the water if they are not careful.
- It is extremely well kept and features gorgeous lawns and foliage.
- Concrete tee pads and metal posts with maps of the particular hole.
Hinton Park in Collierville: (10524 E Holmes Rd, Collierville, TN 38017)
- 9 Holes.
- Outside of two holes, the rest are in the woods. It adds a fun challenge and provides for quick and great practice.
- Very clean and well laid out.
- Concrete tee pads are well kept.
MAM Army Depot: (2146 Ball Road, Memphis, TN)
- 18 holes.
- Featured on an existing ball-golf course.
- Has rolling hills, and a few water hazards for added challenge.
- Cleanly cut grass and tee boxes.
Central Park in Southaven: (7505 Stonegate Blvd, Southaven, MS 38671)
- 18 Holes.
- A mostly open course with some trees and water hazards. This adds for enjoyable mix of challenge and ease
- Concrete tee pads.
Meeman-Shelby State Park in Millington: (910 Riddick Rd Millington, TN 38053)
- 36 holes. The course is split into two 18 hole courses – east and west.
- Features hills and mostly wooded areas.
- The tee pads are concrete and feature signage that details the particular hole.
Bud Hill Park in Millington: (3905 Old-Cuba-Benjestown Road)
- 18 holes.
- Unlike other courses on this list, this is one is private. To play, you must contact Danny Daniels at Budhill1@aol.com to make reservations. After that, all you need to do is leave a small donation in the donation box on the course and you’re good to go!
- There are many wooded holes and plenty of water hazards for added challenge. This is an extremely well kept course and worth the drive.
For those interested in pursuing disc golf more than just casually, check out the Memphis Area Disc Golf Club. They meet regularly throughout the week for league play and run bag tag ranking. It is only $6 to play per event.